This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MILLTEK EXHAUST OWNERS ONLY QUERY

I Have had my astra vxr now for six months from new and have recently had the milltek full turbo back exhaust system fitted by thorney motorsport. Sounds great but to me the 0-100 time just feels slower it just seems to have lost a bit of punch. I have had turbo cars before so i know about turbo lag etc and i know this system smooths out the power. is it just me, or am i missing that power rush when the turbo comes in on the original system.

Re: MILLTEK EXHAUST OWNERS ONLY QUERY

Originally posted by 8vxr
    I Have had my astra vxr now for six months from new and have recently had the milltek full turbo back exhaust system fitted by thorney motorsport. Sounds great but to me the 0-100 time just feels slower it just seems to have lost a bit of punch. I have had turbo cars before so i know about turbo lag etc and i know this system smooths out the power. is it just me, or am i missing that power rush when the turbo comes in on the original system.
    have had the courtney de-cat front pipe and the cat back milltek system fitted on mine,i think it takes abit of the harshness out of the throttle but the car has no flat spots and seems to pull like a train upto 100+ also think it seems to rev a lot eaiser and the turbo seems to spool up quicker.

Comment

Are you aware at which rev point the turbo kicks in on a VXR ?

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
        Are you aware at which rev point the turbo kicks in on a VXR ?
        No but also at around about 100 mph and more the power seems to be less unlike before having it fitted the power seemed to go on forever.

Comment

Have you contacted TMS about this.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
            Have you contacted TMS about this.
            Yes they have been helpful and said if i am not happy they will fit an original exhaust system back on the car FOC if i wish,but that the car will feel different. but power wise i am really unsure personally if i like the different feel.

Comment

Could you not "borrow" a standard spec and do a back-to-back test, or even another similar spec as yours to compare.

Its surprising how quickly you get used to more power....

Comment

Or find an airstrip and drag a standard VXR to 120 see if there is any difference

Comment

Could you not "borrow" a standard spec and do a back-to-back test, or even another similar spec as yours to compare.

The problem is it just dosent feel that i am getting more power although it sounds great. It feels now like i am getting less power

Comment

The problem is it just dosent feel that i am getting more power although it sounds great. It feels now like i am getting less power
                    Only other thing I can suggest is get it on the rollers and see what its doing...

Comment

Only other thing I can suggest is get it on the rollers and see what its doing...
                      Is there an astra vxr out there near bishops stortford in herts of standard spec,if so please contact me

Comment

i'm near cambridge but i have the full miltek aswell.

Mine was fine after fitting.

how many mile have you done with the new exhaust as it will have no carbon build up.

Power will feel different as the turbo can spool up quicker than before as it has better breathing now.

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                          i'm near cambridge but i have the full miltek aswell.

Mine was fine after fitting.

how many mile have you done with the new exhaust as it will have no carbon build up.

Power will feel different as the turbo can spool up quicker than before as it has better breathing now.

PM sent
                          I have done exactly 209 miles since it was fitted.The pull on the car (acceleration) now feels less than before especially over 100 +.

Comment

As I said on the phone, happy to run it on the dyno to make sure you're happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                              As I said on the phone, happy to run it on the dyno to make sure you're happy.
                              Thanks john i'll see how it goes over the next few weeks or so and i may take you up on your offer,i do appreciate your concern at making sure i am happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X