This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension blocks still in springs on new vxr's check yours

To all new vxr owners. Check yor car has still not got rubber suspension blocks still in the front springs like mine did still six months after buying the car from my local dealer. Thorney motorsport found them still in my car and said that is was the fourth car they had come across with the same problem. The blocks are inserted into the front springs for transportation.

Re: suspension blocks still in springs on new vxr's check yo

Originally posted by 8vxr
    To all new vxr owners. Check yor car has still not got rubber suspension blocks still in the front springs like mine did still six months after buying the car from my local dealer. Thorney motorsport found them still in my car and said that is was the fourth car they had come across with the same problem. The blocks are inserted into the front springs for transportation.
    * other things to look for
    Examine thoroughly Alloy wheels especially 19s
    *Check for that elusive B Pillar trim ( Carbon Effect For 07 MY )
    *Check the engine is well cleaned (or you'll be convinced for weeks you can smell petrol)
    *You have some fuel!
    *Side skirts firmly attached
    *Check your looking at the right car
    *Check to see if Glovebox tray is included ( This item may be deleted in the 07 Model )
    *Check the mats are there
    *Check the Valve caps are on the wheels
    *Check paperwork thoroughly, finance docs, registration etc.
    *Check for emergency tyre repair kit
    *Check exhaust end that its sitting in the bumper cut out and not dropped
    *Check weather strips are on under leading edge of bonnet (Deleted I believe for the 07MY)
    *Check condition of Seat Bolsters, the leather can be creased on the Outer Drivers Bolster
    *Check that the 'TRANSPORT BLOCKS' have been removed from the front suspension springs!
    *Check front and rear skirting, has been known to scrape on some coming off the transporters
    *Check Delivery mileage is reasonable
    *Check rear bumper is attached both sides
    *Check any RECALLS have been carried out - only one i believe outstanding for VXR at the moment is Wrong spark plugs
    *Check the Black wheel bolt caps havent been 'Bleached' white by the valeters Wheel Acid!
    * Check badges "VXR" in chrome are attached to both doors in line with bump strip ( New for 07 MY

Comment

I dont know whre to look to find these blocks. What colour, how big and where EXACTLY are they? Im sure I am OK, if anything they over PDI'd mine as a result of things I have learnt on here

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
        I dont know whre to look to find these blocks. What colour, how big and where EXACTLY are they? Im sure I am OK, if anything they over PDI'd mine as a result of things I have learnt on here
        The blocks are black and made of a very hard rubber, they are about 5 in's long and about 1 in wide and are incerted vertically in the large suspension springs behind the front wheels.They are difficult to see unless the car is up on a ramp or jacked up and there are two on each spring

Comment

I addressed this probem in May and posted pics for people to check here we go :

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9994

Comment

We all know that some dealers are failry, how can I put this tactfully, In need of refresher training....but I just cannot believe the dealers are that inept as to not removing transport block.

There is something REALLY wrong in the dealer training program, too many seem to be missing the fundementals.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
              We all know that some dealers are failry, how can I put this tactfully, In need of refresher training....but I just cannot believe the dealers are that inept as to not removing transport block.

There is something REALLY wrong in the dealer training program, too many seem to be missing the fundementals.
              Unfortunately like so many things these days once the dealer has sold you the car every thing else is secondary, of less importance

Comment

Originally posted by 8vxr
                Originally posted by BO55 VXR

Unfortunately like so many things these days once the dealer has sold you the car every thing else is secondary, of less importance
                Fortunately, there are still some dealers who take a different view, the selling of the car is just the catalyst for a friendship...

Comment

Working...
                X