This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackers

Does any one got one of these fitted to their VXR.

If so what one and how much was it.

Any other thought on this would also be welcome.

we have em fitted on our van's alex i think it work's out about a quid a day not too sure will have to check , but you can track the car from a pc anytime of the day ideal for seeing whAT THE MR'S IS UP TOO LOL :wink:
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Just a word of caution to you all to be careful what details you post about your security systems.

Honourable VXR owners are not the only people who read these forums.

Comment

I think that the car is extremely secure and does not need a tracker. No VXR has ever been stolen (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
          Just a word of caution to you all to be careful what details you post about your security systems.

Honourable VXR owners are not the only people who read these forums.
          yeh good idea never even thought about that but then again got a very good alarm on my van and deadlocks if they can get in it
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I was thinking about getting a tracker fitted at some point, you have to pay for the tracking service annually, right? PD, I was reading a forum only yesterday about some guy who had his stolen.

Comment

Here you go, this only one supplier there are others.

http://www.tracker.co.uk/home.php

Comment

Yeah really early on, near the start of the year I remember some guy saying they had stolen his keys and nicked the car.

To be honest, if mine was nicked, I'd rather not see it again - it'd be trashed. I rather just get a new one. GAP insurance all the way
                Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by rflowers
                  I was thinking about getting a tracker fitted at some point, you have to pay for the tracking service annually, right? PD, I was reading a forum only yesterday about some guy who had his stolen.
                  The subscription is for products that have "Active Monitoring", i.e. they phone you when the car moves without disarming the system (usually by an ignition circuit).

Some other tracking systems are "passive" which means YOU phone THEM when car is stolen and they then activate the unit. I dont think these need a subscription.

Most insurance companies that mandate a Tracker System will require an "Active" system with an up-to-date subscription.

Comment

Or just put a tracker sticker on your window!
                    would a potential thief chance it??

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                      Or just put a tracker sticker on your window!
                      would a potential thief chance it??
                      Probably not, but it could get your pride and joy vandalised....

Its always been agreed its never a good idea to advertise your car's security. :wink:

Comment

I have a tracker on the BM, it seems like a waste of money but some insurance companies insist on it. I don't have one on the Astra. I have a big dog in the back (no comments about the wife needed here please) lmao

Comment

mine was nicked
                          broke into my house and stole the keys

had a new replacement though just a lot of hassle in the meantime

Comment

At the end of the day all you can do is try to put them off, if they want it they will get it one way or another.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I had to have a tracker fitted to my M3 but only because no insurance company would give cover. However, I didn't need a tracker fitting for my EVO with Admiral and I therefore went with them because ask yourself the question..............if your beloved VXR is stolen, do you really want it back f*cked and abused........I don't think so!!!!!

My thought is if they want it, they'll have it and I don't want it back thanks........thats why my pay such high premiums to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clint

Comment

Working...
                              X