This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuel do you use in your VXR -

I read an article the other day on a forum (don't know if was this one or not - LOL) and tests between BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power and Tesco 99RON proved that the car run on Tesco 99 RON provided the car with the best performance figures. In addition, the fuel quality was also a high standard.

Who uses what fuel and octane rating and any noticeable difference in power delivery??
    Any other thoughts also welcome!

My EVO went weel on BP and Shell but the time I put Tesco 99 in it, I thought I'd accidentally but in jet fuel (went like a torpedo!!)

Cheers,
    Clint

I like V Power for its cleaning agents, and am now running Tesco 99 which feels no different. If anything it is better but feels no different to me.

Comment

V-Power

Comment

V-power i do use tesco 99 when thay give 5p of a ltr but the shell garage is a the top of my road.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Read this
          http://thorneymotorsport.co.uk/gcs_a...link=http%3a%2
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

V Power for me

Comment

anyone tried bp 102 ?
              :wink:
              3.2 Vectra B ,V6 SRi Challenge car rear solid sub frame and adjustable rear trailing arms ,carbon fibre coated fuel tank and quaife 6 speed box

Comment

V-Power, always, but If it see 99 at tesco I'm willing to give it a go as its supposedly better. Not seen any yet though up in scotland though!

Comment

Tesco 99 ron is the official fuel of the british rally championship
                  see here plus where to buy it
                  http://www.greenergy.com/products/99_octane.html
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

well i've run my car on v-power, tesco 99, and normal fuel, to be honest i can't really tell a difference in performance or economy.

Is it ok for the car on different fuels, or should you really stick to one.
                    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

ALERT ALERT!

I learnt today that Tesco 99 is NOT a pure 99 RON. (Oh no I hear you cry!) It is basically a combination fuel made up partly of Bio Fuel... hence the octane is supplemented giving it a higher rating... Tesco can therefore sell it cheaper and market it ot their advantage.

Fear not my feathered friends, becase V Power is the real deal. Pure 99 RON Ferrari fuel for the road. You get what you pay for...

Comment

i use both v power and tesco's 99 ron depends where i am at the time but both very good
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I use a combination of V-Power and Magners Irish Cider!!

Comment

yea tried that in old 3 series coupe but it slurred down the straights and had a few hiccups in the wet!!
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I think you are confused Marc. The car uses V-power, I use the magners. Now that would be just daft to put Magners in the VXR.

Comment

Working...
                              X