This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Sports Exhaust

just about to order my vxr for 1st March.

The only option still mulling over is the Sports exhaust system @ £1145.

Can those in the know confirm a couple of things.

1) Is this exhaust the Milltek one ? I guess adding 6-10 bhp

2) Then do I need a simple re-map at about £600 and then be at full stage 2 ? pulling about 265 bhp and about 300 lb/ft ?

Yes that would be the miltek, and yes it would be stage 2 if it was remaped, but you dont have to have the remap if you dont want, you can just have the exhaust.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Ok, another daft question.

Is this exhaust £1145 at any time. What I mean is am I within my rights to tick the option sheet for this exhaust and then make sure I also get the original exhaust which I could either keep of flog on ebay, thius bringing the overal price down by a few hundred pounds.

Comment

That is the price whether at point of order or any other time, some dealers and Tuners may be abke to better the price!!!
        Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcobbler
          Ok, another daft question.

Is this exhaust £1145 at any time. What I mean is am I within my rights to tick the option sheet for this exhaust and then make sure I also get the original exhaust which I could either keep of flog on ebay, thius bringing the overal price down by a few hundred pounds.
          that's what i would have thought cos if u bought the motor standard u could then go out and buy the milltek for the price mentioned and then sell your other as u said so yeh ask em for the exhaust or as caspy said ask for discount i would
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

thanks for the info, gives me some more ammo to go dealer bashing !!!

Comment

the sports exhaust is dealer fit so you should come away with your std one.

it is a miltek and iw warranty approved.

its fine to run on a std car as mine does at the moment.

with the full exhaust you should see gains upto 15bhp and a stage 2 map should see you in the region of 280bhp.

Comment

All good news, cheers folks.

So save me a phone call does anyone know what the cost of a standard VXR exhaust system is ?

Comment

No why you'll have on on the car anyway.

I've kept my std one and its in the shed so if i sell the car i can put it back to std and sell the S/S Miltek.

Comment

I hadn't thought about keeping the original one.

The reason I wanted to know the cost of the standard one was to try to offset it against the cost of the Milltek one.

eg if the full standard exhaust was £600 (total guess) then the £1145 for the Miltek from dealer minus the £600 for the standard exhaust (the dealer can keep it) mean I only pay the difference to the upgraded exhaust.

I know the dealer probably won't go for the full value but I have no need for the std exhaust so effectivly part ex'ing it agianst the new one.

Comment

Your dealer wont be interested in you std exhaust as most of them will last at least 3 years if not upto 6 years so there is no need for them to keep it.

Comment

Understandable I suppose. when you got the original exhaust back how many pieces was it in ? how easy to transport home ?

I don't think I'd want to keep it so was thinking of bunging it on ebay ?

Comment

it's in 2 bits and i had to get it in my Vectra as it wont fit in the VXR

Comment

Just check that it is the full system. Ours was ordered with miltek but it only had the middle to rear section. It rattled like mad so Thorney replaced it under warrenty and fitted the front as well as doing a remap.

I can not remember the full price for the exhaust from the dealer as we ordered a lot of other extras as well, but i'm sure it was around the 1K mark, and that's with a discount on it. (A rip off from the dealer)

The miltek is covered for the length of time it is on the car. so i wouldn't bother taking it off again to sell later.

If i were you, order the car with standard exhaust and book it in to Thorney or Courtney for the exhaust and remap. At least you will know it is fitted correct, and they will cover their work.

ps.. the wait will kill you

Comment

Correction the warranty on the Exhaust if for the life time that you own it.

Thus if you take it off and put it on a new VXR say after a bad crash you still have the warrant on it.

Wheni orderd mine in the book it listed the SPORTS EXHAUST (dealer fit) £450.00.

The dealers should not be inflating the price of the exhaust as it the price it is the option so so you dont have to go to the tuners for it to be fitted.

The price for the Full System is £1145.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=186

Comment

Working...
                              X