This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapped

Just had the car remapped today by Dave from VXR PC, just want to say thanks again for that Dave.

As for the car its

Recommended................defo

have you got the exhaust as well ?
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

No still got the standard zorst. Thought about changing it but don't think I'll bother now. Think bigger brakes might be of more use now

Comment

What kind of BHP are you getting now after your remap? Bet you are just shredding the tires

Comment

Not sure on BHP not overly bothered to be honest. Car feels quicker on the road and thats what counts more so with sport button pressed. As for tyres no probs yet

Comment

it would be better with an exhaust as it will allow the turbo to breath thus getting the most out of your map.

Comment

you dont need the exhaust to get the best from the remap that Carl has,
              for the gain he would get, he is better off with a brake upgrade, the faster you go the quicker you need to stop !

Comment

and the AP/VXRacing brakes do the job very nicely

Comment

Oh.

What map does he have then if it works as well with out the exhaust.

Any spiecal prices on the AP's yet and what disc options if any.

Comment

I think he means with the map he is running now.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

The map on my car now is for standard zorst. I'am sure if/when I did put a different zorst on, the map can be changed again to suit this, sure David will clarify this.

The map now without sports button pressed makes the car drive a lot smoother especially in 1st and 2nd gears, then when you want the extra power hit sport then..............

And have to agree with Shane the AP/VXR brakes do the job spot on.

Comment

for sure, exhaust would be given an optimised calibration of the ecu, but the power increase wont be so much higher because of it.

we are taliking increments of single figures not double.

Exhausts help, but dont produce the same change in performance as a remap pound for pound

Comment

The Milltek Sport exhaust for the Astra VXR has been accepted by Vauxhall as the official sports exhaust for the car. A proven 6-12bhp is released from the engine with just the exhaust on its own before we even remap the ECU to suit. The heat reducing attributes of the sports exhaust allow us to run a more agressive ECU remap for the car allowing us to generate even more power whilst still retaining 100% reliability and longevity for the engine.

Is this not a true statement then, i know you all have your own ideas but must all be working in the same areas. I have seen figs of 260-265 bhp for stage 1 280-285 for stage 2 and yes the exhaust is not cheap but that is 20 bhp for 1145 but with out it you cannot go beyond this point .I dont no who is correct this is a question not a statement please help use to clear this up.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

no questioning you get an improvement, but not all customers can warrant spending so much money on an exhaust. unless you really do drive the car then its not essential to have the sports exhaust.

remember some people only do a few miles a day and whilst they may not use the power all the time they have the smoother throttle afforderd by the remap.

Comment

Ah see where you going now.

peeps get a flyer but dont like the agresion so you smoth it out but keep it quick.

good thinking bat man but i would rather it be quicker but not every one is like most of us on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X