Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick her up this morning - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick her up this morning - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm stuck offshore on nightshift and my wife picks up my (I mean our) brand new Arden blue Astra VXR dressed in 19" this morning....gutted I'm not there but very excited for her!

I'll post some pictures when I get home in 8 days time - Probably the longest 8 days offshore known to man eh??

Clint

Wow, congratz on your new baby!!!
    sigpic

Comment

sounds nice mate - hope it all goes well for you, you must be itching to have a go!! still, im sure your other half will keep it nice and shiney for you till you come home.

Comment

you mean your trusting her with it for that long never mind , working offshore you will be able too afford the new wheel's she will have kerbed several times b4 you get home
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

worsy mate what are you doing to this poor bloke bet hes trying to swim home as we speak, least it will be run in when you get home

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Re: Pick her up this morning - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MR F Quick
            Well I'm stuck offshore on nightshift and my wife picks up my (I mean our) brand new Arden blue Astra VXR dressed in 19" this morning....gutted I'm not there but very excited for her!

If you are anything like my hubby, you will never see your wife again once she picks it up, but eventually it will run out of fuel and she will return for more fuel.

Never mind you will love the car, if you get chance to drive it :P

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              you mean your trusting her with it for that long never mind , working offshore you will be able too afford the new wheel's she will have kerbed several times b4 you get home
              Well its gotta be done. I've picked up all our previous cars and my wife has never really had a look-in or complained. I have always liked and had bigger cars like coupes and saloons so it was only fair to let her have first play with the hatch as she prefers hot hatches to performance saloons.
              Another thought was that she will do most of the running-in and I won't have too long to wait before I can open her up a little

My wife is an excellent driver and knows how to treat our cars and the wheels etc will therefore be fine (she would rather get a taxi to the kerb than try and park too close and risk kerbing them) and she will also choose a car park bay at the far end of the carpark and cross two bays to stop those inconsiderate people damaging the panels with door rash

However, my first job when I see my new baby will be to clean her as it will be over a week old and she probably wouldn't have cleaned it. Kids in the back doesn't help either!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                I see there is a back order to the factory for the 19's

I would get the dealers to hold on to it for you a bit longer.

Comment

[quote="alex_c I see there is a back order to the factory for the 19's

I would get the dealers to hold on to it for you a bit longer. [/quote]

I did try and convince her at first but thought better (see reply above)

Clint

Comment

I know what your saying my mrs is the same a good driver and shes ever so carfull not to hit the curb as she knows it cost us (me) loads of money.

In our older cars with steel rims she was bad but she had not long passed her test then.

we got out first car with alloys and they were curbs like mad and she said how that happend so i told her and since then she parks a good 4-6 inched fromthe curns thus making sure not to hit them

Now ww have 2 new cars she likes to keep them looking showroom inside and its down to me to keep the out sidr up to her standard.

Comment

MR F-QUICK SAID
                      "My wife is an excellent driver and knows how to treat our cars and the wheels etc will therefore be fine (she would rather get a taxi to the kerb than try and park too close and risk kerbing them) and she will also choose a car park bay at the far end of the carpark and cross two bays to stop those inconsiderate people damaging the panels with door rash "

Well mine isnt 1.
                      and 2. she parks as near to the door as possible normally between a white van and a trolley to stop her hair getting blowed so
                      conclusion......

She will try the passenger seat once in a while!!!!
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                      X