This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flippin' Delays

Just been told by the garage that Vauxhall have run out of 19" alloys. Shocking.
    Apparently they should have more in by the end of next week, but it means mine is now delayed till mid december (fingers crossed it'll be before Christmas!)
    Though others may want to know just in case it affects them.

Thats shocking... When did you order mate? I have a delivery date of the 13th of this month, so hopefully mine has wheels on it already

Comment

No wheels on my wagon, not much use with out them, do thay not no how many thay will need or keep eye on stock, i no thay are not std but lots have them fitted its not as if no one wants them.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Great, Mine is still in Bulid they said i would have it on the 28th to drive away, but i called them up they have changed it to a week later so wont pick up now till 7th December.. Waht a Pain In the ****

Comment

Apologies for being the bearer of bad news. I'm pretty gutted, was expecting delivery on 5th December, now looking at 12th ish.
          Its annoyed me as I specifically asked to have the car by 25th Nov as my insurance runs out on my old car. Due to needing matched no-claims for the Supe its caused me a headache trying to get that insured on the 25th with the matched no claims without having the 'main' car to insure.

Fortunately elephant.com have been very helpful, not only giving me a very good quote on both cars, but also insuring the Supe with my matched no-claims without me insuring the VXR so long as I get it insured with them within the month.
          Just have to pray Vauxhall get it delivered by Christmas.

Comment

removed

Comment

Originally posted by Stim1961
              i assume this is a "just in time production" plan to reduce a companies assets
              really is a pain in the butt that
              its not costing the company as much in warehousing spares or parts.
              good business sense but fails the customer who falls outside normal criteria.
              that is if vauxhall work this way most of the production industry do though
              keeps the production nice and low and the residuals nice and high and when you do have the car you will be glad of that I can tell you. And from the biggest moaner of all with regards to late deliveries ( ask The mothership ) the car is worth treble every minute of your wait !!!

Comment

Don't forget the Astra is not the only car for those 19's. The Vectra and Zafira also have to be supplied so it can be difficult at times. Also VXL have to source these and the wheel manufacturer needs to keep up. Its been a real success in my eyes for the 19's, a good choice by the customers but would always be difficult at times for any manufacturer to predict how well it will go. I know it dosen't help the deliveries for those in this thread but does add a little meat to the issue, and hopefully make it a tad clearer. Your wait will be worth it.

Comment

I had to wait an extra 2 weeks for a standard car with NO extras. Ended up getting climate and cruise! I reckon you couldn't get a standard car if you tried

Comment

the biggest trouble is ppl cant wait for any thing.

You order either a std car or one with extras and you will have to wait for it to be built as its a spiecalest car and is not in the normal production run.

How do you think ppl that want an Audi RS4 feel when the car is £50,000 you lay down a 10% deposit (5,000) and then wait a whole year for it.

Its supply and demand. we demand but we cant always get the supply.

VXL have set out a build program that has been mentiond on here loads of times and that only 2500 Astras are built a year thus making it a semi limited run. there for making the car more desirable.

its worth the wait trust me or ask police_driver. i waited 6 weeks for mine and i had loads of extras.

the factory shuts down for summer but orders are still taken and now cars will be on back order. the VXR is not a run of the mill Astra and its not a case of fitteing big rims and bumpers to a SRi sport hatch.

Comment

Feel better now alex.

Comment

what do you mean by that mate.

Comment

After the rant

Comment

rant what rant was stating the facts.

if you were to buy a MERC, BMW, RR, BENTLY or an AUDI and were told you had to wait now that would be ok but ppl are buying a VXL and its a common car to them so there should be loads just sitting around.

WELL THERE AINT so you'll have to wait thats all.

As Mark asid the Astra is not the only one to have the 19's.

It was offerd as on option of £500 now i belive its £600 but the provision would have been based on market research for the magority of the orders to have had the 18's do a slight delay in manurfacturing the 19's is understandable.

Rant over.

Ahhh thats better.

Comment

Off again

Comment

Working...
                              X