Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Recomend????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Would You Recomend????

    I want to remap my car and put the full milltek system on, wot do you think? or should i just go for one out of the two things i want on my VXR? also has anyone got any images of there full system milltek by any chance?

    thanxs alot SSB
    Fully Loaded Burg Edition Track Car

  • #2
    I went for the stage2 exh and remape she flys now

    try this for pics http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/g...1%26sort%3Dseq

    www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi SSB,

      You've got a few options really, but if I were getting the full miltek, I would probably want a map also to utilise the extra flow. Best bet is to have a chat with Thorney Motorsport or Courtenay to discuss what gains you can get. Just the exhaust is 10-15, plus map can get you to around the 270-280bhp area. If your car is BRAND new, you might want to let the engine settle in a little before mapping, although I might be wrong here.... I think the zaust + map will cost around £1600.

      you can find pics of the miltek here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=337

      Hope this helps

      Rob

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

        http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/i...2e92c9d5c88aeb

        http://www.vxrperformance.co.uk/perf_centre/index.html

        Have a look at the links.

        www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vxrdave
          I went for the stage2 exh and remape she flys now

          try this for pics http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/g...1%26sort%3Dseq
          bet it sounds AWSOME now you have got that on can not wait! thanxs for the piks looks really nice with the milltek on and a hell of diffrence aswell! thanxs
          Fully Loaded Burg Edition Track Car

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by r[url="http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=flowers"
            flowers[/url]]Hi SSB,

            You've got a few options really, but if I were getting the full miltek, I would probably want a map also to utilise the extra flow. Best bet is to have a chat with Thorney Motorsport or Courtenay to discuss what gains you can get. Just the exhaust is 10-15, plus map can get you to around the 270-280bhp area. If your car is BRAND new, you might want to let the engine settle in a little before mapping, although I might be wrong here.... I think the zaust + map will cost around £1600.

            you can find pics of the miltek here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=337

            Hope this helps



            Rob


            this as helped me out alot Rob i have now made my mind up defenatly going to get the full works! cant wait to get it done! i will get it booked ASAP!

            might be a bit to much for a 17 year old lad tho :? wot you think???

            thanxs alot Rob helped me out alot there :P
            Fully Loaded Burg Edition Track Car

            Comment


            • #7
              Mate words cannot explain how good it is,but if you are 17 please be careful as it is a different car all to gether, and needs to be driven with care. sorry if that sounds abit like im talking down to you but i drive for a living the the car can bit my **** some times.

              www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vxrdave
                Mate words cannot explain how good it is,but if you are 17 please be careful as it is a different car all to gether, and needs to be driven with care. sorry if that sounds abit like im talking down to you but i drive for a living the the car can bit my **** some times.
                ye i understand wer you are coming from there bud! i will b carefull dnt worry i dont want to wrap a GORGEOUS car as the VXR round the tree etc. like i love the car as it is but once you start adding extras then you cant stop yourself and every one is talking/having there cars remaped and putting the milltek on so i thought i would give it ago.

                thanxs for all your help very much appreciated
                Fully Loaded Burg Edition Track Car

                Comment


                • #9
                  Top man you will love it its brill.

                  www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    try this link as it has video and sound bites.

                    http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=186

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I dont think much of the sound, much better in the flesh.

                      www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well we know that.




                        Dave your next will be 500

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SSB
                          Originally posted by r[url="http://webmaxsearch.com?qq=flowers"
                          flowers[/url]]Hi SSB,

                          You've got a few options really, but if I were getting the full miltek, I would probably want a map also to utilise the extra flow. Best bet is to have a chat with Thorney Motorsport or Courtenay to discuss what gains you can get. Just the exhaust is 10-15, plus map can get you to around the 270-280bhp area. If your car is BRAND new, you might want to let the engine settle in a little before mapping, although I might be wrong here.... I think the zaust + map will cost around £1600.

                          you can find pics of the miltek here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=337

                          Hope this helps



                          Rob


                          this as helped me out alot Rob i have now made my mind up defenatly going to get the full works! cant wait to get it done! i will get it booked ASAP!

                          might be a bit to much for a 17 year old lad tho :? wot you think???

                          thanxs alot Rob helped me out alot there :P
                          Wow 17, that is insane... Like Dave says, be careful mate, VXR is in a different league to your instructors car, to a lot of cars infact! One question if you dont mind me asking... how you get the doe? At 17, I wouldnt have been able to afford the map, let alone the car and insurance. While on the subject, have you got any quotes yet? A lot of insurers wont touch you until you hit 25....

                          Rob

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i know of a bloke that is 20 and he got a quote for a VXR @ £2400 third party fir/thieft thats £200 a month. and he was going to pay it just to have one.

                            I think i put him off when i told him he'd be looking @ about £50/week in petrol now hes looking @ £400 a month before he paid the finance on it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X