This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVICE ON SNOOPERS PLEASE!!

Hi, does anyone have any recommends for snoopers, as i think this will be my next aquisition, and there are so many out there

cheers guys

Are you on about snooper speed detectors?
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I have the S5R snooper I find it to be very good, I bought that one because it is suppose to be the best for picking up the moblie laser traps which we mostly have over here in Northern Ireland we don't have that many fixed camera's so I don't know what it is like for picking those up

Comment

If its snoopers you are on about the latest one is the "SYRIUS" which is both sat nav and detector and priced at £349 online...

The best out there at the moment in my opinion
        HeavenlyDetail
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
          If its snoopers you are on about the latest one is the "SYRIUS" which is both sat nav and detector and priced at £349 online...

The best out there at the moment in my opinion
          Ive seen it advertised, looks good but im not sure if it picks up police hand held guns etc.
          Ive got the S4 evolution which is good but i dont think it picks up camera vans

Comment

I am not convinced that any of them work. I have a Snooper something or other but never have it connected up. The most likely thing you will get caught for speeding by is a safety camera van on a motoroway bridge or a local road and I am not aware of anything that picks them up. At the end of the day it's a video signal and nothing else.

No point wasting yr money. It's just down to luck. I drive 2 fast cars do 18,000 miles a year and as yet have no points.

I also have a friend who as a Litchfield T25 Subaru. This is one fast car and the driver doesn't drive it like Miss Daisy, he also has no points.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by M3power
              I am not convinced that any of them work. I have a Snooper something or other but never have it connected up. The most likely thing you will get caught for speeding by is a safety camera van on a motoroway bridge or a local road and I am not aware of anything that picks them up. At the end of the day it's a video signal and nothing else.

No point wasting yr money. It's just down to luck. I drive 2 fast cars do 18,000 miles a year and as yet have no points.

I also have a friend who as a Litchfield T25 Subaru. This is one fast car and the driver doesn't drive it like Miss Daisy, he also has no points.

Please correct if I am wrong.
              I do agree with you, cause i have always drove fast cars well at least i thought they was!!! i have no points and have never killed anyone or had any sort of accident (TOUCH WOOD), but i am an aggressive driver and to be honest i am finding it very hard to drive this machine at 40 or 50 never mind 30, so i just thought it might be a good idea to look at one of these, i do believe i seen one in a magazine at thorneys that picks up everything including mobiles. I would have thought P.D might know better than anyone????

Comment

The only thing that bothers me is relying on a piece of technology!!!!!

Comment

Someone may have a device out. I would like to test it first before I trusted it though. My friend had an old snooper (pretty much when they were out in the early days) he did some laser tests with his Traffic Cop friend the snooper didn't pick up the laser device once in 5 tests!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3power
                    Someone may have a device out. I would like to test it first before I trusted it though. My friend had an old snooper (pretty much when they were out in the early days) he did some laser tests with his Traffic Cop friend the snooper didn't pick up the laser device once in 5 tests!!!
                    cheers mate, you have made me feel really confident about getting one!!!!! (NOT) like you say alot of it is just luck and knowing were to be careful and were to wild!!!

Comment

Sorry, just being honest. I think you would rather that I tell you my actual experiences instead of saying yeah I have this one and it's great!

I would personally not buy another one, others will disagree. You just have to know where to gun it and where not to. If you drive a lot in your local area you get to know where the mobile cameras park but still they can catch u out. I was doing 55 in a a 40 the other day and came over the brow of a hill to find a safety cam on the other side. No camera detector would of picke it up before he picked me up. Managed to just slow up in time.

Comment

I know what your saying, much appreciated, this is why i haven't just gone and bought one cause i was abit iffy to start with!!

cheers M3

Comment

Mine has saved me twice over the past couple of years, both times with a hand held speed gun, well worth it imo but each to their own. I do over 60k a year so its also handy for gatso's if your not concentrating and not in farmiliar surroundings.
                          Like M3 said though if you dont really go far maybe not worth it

Comment

If i did anywhere near 60k a year i think i would get a helicopter!!! I do about 6k a year, i only drive the car at the weekend, the missus has it during the week, and thats 6k between us. :P

Comment

I would be more inclined to get a sat nav that pics up cameras. Or get a tom tom and download the add-ons for cameras. I find that useful in the Astra, at least it tells you where the fixed cameras are.

Comment

Working...
                              X