This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat-Back System - VXR

anyone know much about the Cat-Back systems?

i was just wondering if a Cat-Back would make a difference to the car other than noise...

reason i ask is because i believed that it would be purely noise...however, after looking at the courtenay site, they do a remap for the vxr with the milltek which produces more power than just a remap...just wondering if this is becasue more power can be gained as the system is there...or does the system create the power...

The cat-back system will not give you any noticeable power gains just sounds better.
    The full milltek will give you an increase in power of around 10-15 bhp on its own.

If you have a remap along with the cat-back the power gains will be from the remap, and you can always add on to this to give you the full system, at a later date.

If you have remap along with full milltek you will get maximum results as you are getting power from exhaust and because of the full system the remap will be mapped to full potential because the exhaust is capable of the extra power, potentially around 280 bhp

You can however just have a stage 1 remap which will probably give you more power than the full system would but obviously sounds the same.

Comment

so does this mean that getting the stage one and Cat-Back will be the same as the stage one, less the sound?

Cant really afford the Full System with remap, but after looking at the courtenay site i jus wondered if the Cat-Back plus a remap wud produced more power than the remap alone!

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by t20lau
        so does this mean that getting the stage one and Cat-Back will be the same as the stage one, less the sound?

Cant really afford the Full System with remap, but after looking at the courtenay site i jus wondered if the Cat-Back plus a remap wud produced more power than the remap alone!

Thanks,
        Tom
        You could have the cat back system with a stage one remap, you would get more power than just having the milltek full system on its own and you will get better sound. It all depends on what you want out of it and what your plans are, personally i have just had the full milltek fitted on its own and i am very happy with the extra power, its smoothes it out and there are less flat spots not to mention the sound is amazing, i am having the stage 2 remap next year. If you have the full system you then jump straight to the stage 2 remap.[/quote][/url]

Comment

It's ok...

Just re-read the courtenay site...

looks like its the turbo-downpipe (frontpipe) that produces the extra power!

Comment

It does by removing the restriction in the exhaust right below the turbo. this should give any where upto 10 bhp and with a sports cat and a full cat back then upto 15bhp.

The cat back is after all the restrictions but does help the gasses flow and makes it a bit louder and a more sporty tone.

Comment

Working...
            X