This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19s' valve caps stolen!

Well I've had my first brush with theft and only had the VXR since Friday - is that a record?

The valve caps on the 19s have been stolen! Now while I have bought some new silver ones from my local factors I kinda like the originals and as I want to keep the car original I'd like to get a new set.

Now I'm told that I will have to pay for valves as well as caps if I get the right ones for the 19s - can anyone confirm that? Also, how available are the 19s valve caps (I saw somewhere that the factory have run out of 19s) and can I get hold of some through my local Vxl dealer parts dept? Anyone know the part number?

Do irmscher do valve caps? Anyone got info (price, part number, etc)?

Thanks

Sounds like tosh to me!! I had mine stolen last week! Worsy must have plenty of spares by now!!

Worsy give em back!!!!!

Comment

Unhelpful replies are us I mean M3power

Comment

hes ready for his holidays.

Sorry about it.

try your dealer i dont think there is any thing spiecal about the valves.

Comment

You can't buy the caps seperate from the valve I'm afraid. Good news is that the valves are only around £1.60 each.
          Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
            You can't buy the caps seperate from the valve I'm afraid. Good news is that the valves are only around £1.60 each.
            well sorted then

Keep them safe for when you need new boots and you can have these fitted at the same time.

Comment

Thanks Phazer and alex_c - I will check that out at the dealer.

By the way, I've posted elsewhere about the weather strip - 'can anyone point me in the right direction ???' - don't know if you guys have seen this yet.

Comment

yes we have and sorry my EPC is down and i cant sort it at the mo so i cant get you any part numbers

Comment

No problem. Thanks

Comment

that as got to be a record where do you live ? and do you leave it out overnight ? if you do i would take em off everynight and stick em on ur seat till morning :?
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I't happened in a park and ride car park this Monday (less than 4 days from registration) which is near a school!!!! Needless today it won't be left there again. Right now it's in a 'secure' multi-storey car park. I know it's costing me about £8 a day more than using the p&r but what cost do you put on peace of mind? Valve caps on Monday, dents, scratches and god knows what else to follow if left on a p&r all day long?

Comment

Originally posted by napster
                        I't happened in a park and ride car park this Monday (less than 4 days from registration) which is near a school!!!! Needless today it won't be left there again. Right now it's in a 'secure' multi-storey car park. I know it's costing me about £8 a day more than using the p&r but what cost do you put on peace of mind? Valve caps on Monday, dents, scratches and god knows what else to follow if left on a p&r all day long?
                        This for me is going to be a killer. Like others, I care for my car, probably too much. Currently have an astra 'G' sxi... I work at various schools, therefore it sits in various car parks, and every week i find a new dink in the door where a lazy member of staff has squeezed in next to me and doored my car. The other week, I came out to find a crease down my front nearside wheel arch, so with the vxr I'm sure i will soon crumble into a nervous wreck! I read a post where someone sold their car for this kind of reason, its gonna be a nightmare. O well

Comment

Keep the 'G' and use that and have the VXR for the week ends.

Comment

If you want a good laugh about how cheap some people are my Corsa SXI had it's valve caps nicked after 2 months - nothing special about them but someone was that stingy they thought they would nick mine!

Personally I'm kinda waiting for it to happen to my Astra, so far it hasn't but I fully expect it at some point....

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
                              Looking on the EPC i see that the valve cap/nut is avalible on its own.

Part numbers below.
                              TYRE VALVES AND CAPS(FOR 7.5J X 18 ALLOY WHEEL) (FOR 8J X 19 ALLOY WHEEL) (EXCEPT TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM)
                              VALVE, TYRE (METAL) 13153118
                              WASHER, TYRE VALVE STEM 13153116
                              NUT, TYRE VALVE STEM 13153117

Comment

Working...
                              X