This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAR SUSPENSION CREAKING!!!

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this problem?? I have had thorney's have a look at it but they could'nt find anything after a few test drives, but it is really annoying me now, its not happening when i go over bumps so much really its more like when the car just slightly moves and usually at slow speeds round town etc. If anyone can shed some light on this i would appreciate it. It is like a creaking noise.

Re: REAR SUSPENSION CREAKING!!!

Originally posted by NELLYC
    Just wondered if anyone has experienced this problem?? I have had thorney's have a look at it but they could'nt find anything after a few test drives, but it is really annoying me now, its not happening when i go over bumps so much really its more like when the car just slightly moves and usually at slow speeds round town etc. If anyone can shed some light on this i would appreciate it. It is like a creaking noise.
    Can you tell which side it is ? Push down on the car when parked with the handbarke off and see if you can replicate the sound. If its the passenger side can you get it to creak when the car is cold or only when you have been out driving for a while to warm it up ?

Comment

Re: REAR SUSPENSION CREAKING!!!

Originally posted by S3 VXR
      Originally posted by NELLYC
      Can you tell which side it is ? Push down on the car when parked with the handbarke off and see if you can replicate the sound. If its the passenger side can you get it to creak when the car is cold or only when you have been out driving for a while to warm it up ?
      I have tried pushing down on the suspension, and i can't hear it, it does it when the car is cold or when warm, it doesn't make a difference!!

Comment

i have a creaking noise on mine too think it could be the exhaust on mine, only does it when i stop though :?
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
          i have a creaking noise on mine too think it could be the exhaust on mine, only does it when i stop though :?
          well you don't need to worry about it Worsy, cause soon you won't be able too hear creaking from the exhaust just popping noises and you'll be goin that fast with your stage 3 the only thing that you'll have creaking is your neck!!! from whiplash

Comment

yeh great innit lol ?
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

mine had same problem, after a couple of failed visits to my local dealer who thought it was the body creaking, I took it for a second opinion at a diferent dealership, it turned out to be shocker bushes. back to normal now NO creak!!

Pete

Comment

Yeah I thought it might do that, annoying when we road test it and its dead quiet. Bring it back mate, we'll chuck you in a courtesy car and get to the bottom of it (lacked the time this time around a bit).

Comment

cheers John, I will let you know when i can next get a day free to come down!!

Comment

Silicon spray(or WD40)the actual dry bush , either get under and do the lot (which we do) or do them one by one.

Stu

Comment

thats waht we tried, might have missed a bit I guess.

Comment

well the thing is, i don't really know were i should be spraying my can , what is a bush?? cause i know a few terms like this but probably not the right one regarding cars if this doesn't work, is it a big job to change the bushes , cause if it is i was thinking of maybe just getting my suspension uprated instead???

Comment

update on the squeking noise i heard mine tonight when i stopped outside my garage , so i pushed down on the rear suspension and it was quite load but on the nearside even though it creaked it wasn't as noisy this was with the engine running, anyway put the beast away and when i got out to lock it up i pushed down on it again and guess what no noise :? only does it when the engine is running now thats what i call weird !!! anyone else got the same problem ? seem's louder than it as ever done
                          sigpic
                          M.U.F.C.

Comment

mine seems to be louder when the car is cold, and i can't hear it when i push suspension down, but i am only 11 stone wet through so probably can't push down enough

Comment

mine is goin in on Monday to get looked at as it is really annoying me, and also the key fob has started playing up!! I have been told that it is a problem with the bushes and they need to be well greased up cause they soon dry out!! don't know whether this is true or not??

Comment

Working...
                              X