X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite trick

This is what I love to do....

Going along an 3 laned 50mph A road ... everyone slows down to around 50 to go through the Gatso lines. Just before going through engage sport, take it out of 6th, rev the engine to match the revs and pop it into 3rd (should be at around 3k revs). Whilst going through the last white lines, floor the pedal and keep it going as long as you like. The distance that results between you and the other cars can be quite phenomenol.

sounds like fun, but think you could get in trouble for that lol

Comment

OOOOHHHH you are the
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

The PDs Gone Crazy......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

You mean you actually use 6th gear, i sometimes still forget about it, great on the motorway when hitting about 120mph but can't seem to use it anywere else!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
            You mean you actually use 6th gear, i sometimes still forget about it, great on the motorway when hitting about 120mph but can't seem to use it anywere else!!!
            no, she go to about 140 before you need 6th, 157 she do thow lol

Comment

This is Prob come up a Few times, whats the top speed anyone his Hit........

Comment

yer be good to thow what people have had, me 157, at about 6000 rev's i think. was keeping my eyes on the road to really have a good look at the clock

Comment

Originally posted by sibermanvxr
                  no, she go to about 140 before you need 6th, 157 she do thow lol
                  you might aswell not bother putting it in 6th for just 17mph. I think i have only done about 130mph and that is usually in about 10 secs when goin up the slip road to join the motorway. Up here there are cameras everywere you look and the weather doesn't help

Comment

i have hit 135 on the m1 but will wait till i can get a clear run b4 i floor it and no wife or kids in the car cos i aint putting them at risk
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: My favourite trick

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                      This is what I love to do....

Going along an 3 laned 50mph A road ... everyone slows down to around 50 to go through the Gatso lines. Just before going through engage sport, take it out of 6th, rev the engine to match the revs and pop it into 3rd (should be at around 3k revs). Whilst going through the last white lines, floor the pedal and keep it going as long as you like. The distance that results between you and the other cars can be quite phenomenol.
                      You should try it with a remap at 70mph and stay in 6th. You'll be amazed at how quickly you get to silly speeds!! Great fun when diesels wants to have a go though with their "extra torque".You see that sign of a puff of smoke from the exhaust as they floor it and you just put your foot down in 6th and overtake!! Put it in 4th and you can really laugh!!

Comment

All this from a traffic copper just see what happens when you do it with an unmarked car behind you.

You just want to hope its Dave so you say well you told us to do it.

Comment

Thats just it, I dont do it when any cars around me are a "risk" of being job.

Comment

you want to try going from a vxr into a xsara and remembering that you dont have a 6th gear !!!

trying to ram it into reverse when you run out of 5th gear aint fun :wink:

Comment

Well you want to try jumping out of a transit van and into the vxr, it feels like your in a jet for the first 5 minutes. I reverse off my drive about 60mph and then slam on just as i've taken the neighbours flower bed out!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X