This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a drive home!!!

Well you will all be glad to know i am now the proud owner of a Arden Blue astra VXR, but what a journey!!!

As you can see from my profile im from a town called Dunfermline, in Fife, not far from Edinburgh. I think i picked a car the furthest away i could get, in Salisbury.....over 430 miles away.

The wife and i flew down to southampton Saturday afternoon at around 4pm, jumped on a train for 25mins to Salisbury and then got a taxi to the travel lodge. After the night there, we got a taxi to the vauxhall dealership to pick up my car. After a quick hand over we were on our way, with long drive infront of us!!!!

Glad the car had cruise control anyway, but the drive home was good!! It took us about 8 hours in total but we did stop for food and petrol so travelling time was about 7hours. I got around 360 miles to a tank of petrol and averaged over the whole trip around 27mpg, don't really know if thats good or bad, but frankly i don't really care.

One thing i was surprised at though, is that after all that time driving i couldn't fault the car one little bit. It was awesome. I wanted to go out driving when i got home

Sounds normal. 27 mpg is amazing, I still cant get above 23 in 850 miles.

Comment

My car hasn't got a feature to calculate the MPG sadly.
      sigpic

Comment

many cogratulations!,

only wish that i had a better experience, picked new car up on wednesday evening, all seemed o.k, drove to work the following morning only to find that the climate control was not working, phoned dealer took car back, given courtesy car, picked car up the following evening, wife got in back of the car on saturday morning & noticed rip in leather!, going to see general manager this afternoon. car has spent more time at dealers than with me

Comment

nice drive home for ya then did you let the wife have a play ? i cant get her out of mine she drives it more than i do but i get to drive it up to manc every 2 wks lol now thats a good trip 200 miles and 2 and half hours lol ....
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Blinding , journey home and run in 2 for 1
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
              many cogratulations!,

only wish that i had a better experience, picked new car up on wednesday evening, all seemed o.k, drove to work the following morning only to find that the climate control was not working, phoned dealer took car back, given courtesy car, picked car up the following evening, wife got in back of the car on saturday morning & noticed rip in leather!, going to see general manager this afternoon. car has spent more time at dealers than with me
              God what a nightmare, thats shocking, like you are not going to notice the rip. Hope you get it all sorted without to much problems

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                nice drive home for ya then did you let the wife have a play ? i cant get her out of mine she drives it more than i do but i get to drive it up to manc every 2 wks lol now thats a good trip 200 miles and 2 and half hours lol ....
                Well i did offer but she didn't want to, the M6 was pretty busy, gave her a shot when we got home, she loved it too!

Comment

Originally posted by maxell
                  My car hasn't got a feature to calculate the MPG sadly.
                  And why do you say that do you not have the BC button on the radio.

Have you read all the books as it should have

Comment

Nice one Rae...watch out for me - I'm in Rosyth !
                    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                    The truth is out there ...

Comment

I dont have the BC button nor any BC options. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                        BC - Board Computer - available from the steering wheel buttons
                        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                        The truth is out there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                          What Radio have you got as i know the CDC30 and the cdc40 both have the BC button to activeate the computer from the radio anfd you can use the buttons on the radio to scroll the screen settings.

Comment

The standard radio. No BC button anywhere on car, although the demo I drove had one. I have to use my steering wheel to activate the fuel consumption, stopwatch and range, which is more or less all the computer does.

Comment

Originally posted by M40COO
                              Nice one Rae...watch out for me - I'm in Rosyth !
                              I'll keep a look out for you mate! Seen another Arden Blue VXR kicking about Rosyth, normally parks at Panda Print but don't know if he/she is on here or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X