This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Car knackered!!

Today, went out in the car all morning, park it up over lunch time, around an hour. Went out started fine until I got to the bottom of the drive when traction control and spanner lights came on. The car wouldn't rev past 1500rpm, and was a real struggle to get it back up the drive! Turned it off, then it wouldn't start! Called the AA out, who checked the earths from the battery, and found a fault there. Cleaned it, put it back together and it fired up. But still running lumpy on a high idle, then cutting out. Car also getting really hot. He plugged his diagnostic in, and found no faults, and couldn't do any more for me. I've since done a pedal test and its come up with these two error codes - 1500 and 1523. I've googled the error codes but they don't mean anything to me! I drive a 57 plate Astra vxr.

Can any one please help me? As I'm lost with out my car and want an idea of what's wrong before I go to the stealers!

Have a look here Jim
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ck-error-codes
    Un-Official West Midlands Events Photographer Official West Midlands Regional Organiser

Comment

P1500 electronic throttle author dysfunction C-006
      P1523 throttle author is not in the target area C-006

Thanks for that, these are my codes, can anyone please shed some light on them for me please?

Comment

I think that might need a new throttle body, you could try cleaning it out in case it's sticking

Comment

Disconnect battery overnight, reconnect in the morning and try.

Comment

Might need a new throttle body, check the wiring plug to the throttle body for good connection, or it might need cleaning out

Comment

sorry for the double post but my interweb went pop for a few minutes and it all went **** up

Comment

Thanks guys. Tried the battery. Still no hope. Wouldn't no were to start with the throttle body. So AA dropped it with vauxhall this morning. Will let you all no what it was when she is home. Hopefully help someone in the future with the same problem

Comment

Working...
                X