This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES IT MATTER ABOUT THE XL DETAIL

Does anybody know whether it matters about the extra load tyres that seem to come as standard on the vxr's. Also is there anybody that knows abit about tyres who can give me some advice on which tyres would be good for the car, at the moment i have 235/35/zr19 conti sport contact 2 XL , is there any as good as these at maybe a better price??

cheers

ERRRRR

XL

now could that be

eXtra Load

this would be extra strength in the side wall for faster cornering as they are a profile of 35 and would take some hard work on round abouts.

Comment

Yes it is extra load!! but are these really necessary as i would have thought the need for this is only if you are hammering it round corners all day long, any other suggestions on good quality tyres? just asking before i spend £400 on 2 new front ones which have been on for 8 months!!!

Comment

£400

you need to be looking around my friend you can get them load cheeper than that.

Comment

I can't, i have tried, cheapest i can get is £360 fitted for 2.

Comment

Try blackcircles.com

Comment

I wonder as the wheel and tyre is the same for the Vectra and Zafira they have the XL to cope with the higher weight and keep them common for the Astra?

Comment

Originally posted by daddycool
                I wonder as the wheel and tyre is the same for the Vectra and Zafira they have the XL to cope with the higher weight and keep them common for the Astra?
                thats interesting!! thanks

Comment

XL is a requirement and you need to continue witrh these tyres. If you do not apart from the stress load it may be an insurance problem should you have an accident.

There are other loading marks for XL, such as RF (reinforced ) or 91Y

Someone I know was told that only Conti's and Mich's where the only ones available but this is not true.

Check with a good tyre dealer or look at MYTYRES.co.uk, as this site is good for this identification.

HTH

PS Elite tyres in rainham did 4 x Toyo ts1 for £437 delivreed for me, £40 to get fitted.

Comment

thanks sparky!! i feel better now, might be able to get my stage 3 after all.

Comment

I had the TOYO T1R's fitted to the Zaf GSi and OMG what a good boot they were.

they were also a RF 91Y.

Comment

Working...
                      X