This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Engine Off

I always let the engine run for a while to make sure I don't just cut it off when it is hot. When I turn the engine off, It always seems to give a slight shaking sound which starts fast then slows down. It all happens very quickly, we are talking half a second or so, and in this slight shaking sound there is also a liquidy sound. It is probably completely normal, but do others have a similar sound wen turning the engine off...

Never had or heard anything like that mate, get it checked if you are abit unsure, i always take mine in for the slightest thing!! get my moneys worth!!

Comment

oh pd dont sound good mate get it checked out better safe than sorry
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

It's just your heartrate returning to normal

Seriously though I've not heard any noises like that, if it is persistent then worth getting checked just to be sure.

Comment

The only thing a can think of is "Dieseling"... Happens on Carb. cars in days of old.

But I'm probably talking blox...

Comment

Today as I turned it off I realised it is a little squeaky shudder from the rear of the car, sounds like the exhaust. It doesnt sound unhealthy, just squeaks and vibrates a bit.

Comment

mine had a similar sound when the car was ticking over, (when standstill) and i know it was definetly the exhaust, i could just tell so i didn't bother doing anything about it cause i knew i was getting the milltek soon, and now i have it, the sound has gone, well i still have a sound but it is a much better one!!!

Comment

I too haven't heard this, i have plenty of rattles and squeaks from other parts of the car though, the build quality of a £20k+ car is shocking.
                Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                  Today as I turned it off I realised it is a little squeaky shudder from the rear of the car, sounds like the exhaust. It doesnt sound unhealthy, just squeaks and vibrates a bit.
                  Is it rubbing rear exhaust surround as will be protruded by an inch when hot and could be rubbing on shutdown...

Try putting a rag between exhaust and surrounding bumper just quickly and turn off to see if its there...

As for the liquid is that running out of your trouser leg due to the stress of the squeaky sound?
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                  X