This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat spots!

Why does the engine give flat spots when i give full gas on 2 gear .I can also feel it a bit in 3 gear??

What can it be?

I have drive it on V- Power since first day, and its now 80 miles on it!

I used to get that on it before i got the full milltek, i think it is something to do with the gases not being able to escape quick enough!! but i might be wrong, somebody on here will know. I just get a big pop now and then it just goes like the clappers!!!

Comment

Might be worth taking it to the dealer to get that checked. Mines doesn't have flat spots but mines does have the full milltek.

Could be something like a pipe loose or something.

Comment

I havent noticed any flat spots, and I dont have a milltek. Might be worth taking it back for a check. If possible, ask if you can take someone out and replicate the problem so they can see it...

Comment

Could be a number of things...

fuel...is it Super or regular?

Air Fliter may need replacing?

Car might be tight if it's new...

Spark plugs...do you need the smaller gapped plugs?

How often do you drive it hard?

Is there a bananna up you tail pipe!
          sigpic

Comment

Ohh i forgot ,there is a Banana in my tailpipe

The car is new,how can it be such a problem,not to much but i can feel it.

Comment

if it goes it in second and a bit in third then it maybe just the traction control kicking in

Comment

First point of call would be to check the plugs checked at dealership. They should be able to tell via the chassis number whether yours is marked to have the plugs replaced.

Comment

mine does this sometimes, i don't drive mine that hard, but i only use normal unleaded the majority of the time so it might be that, the car has definately got quicker though with 3k miles on......
                  Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Why do the plugs have to be replaced ?

What plugs should i have ?

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
                      mine does this sometimes, i don't drive mine that hard, but i only use normal unleaded the majority of the time so it might be that, the car has definately got quicker though with 3k miles on......
                      One question to fuel...Why?

Surely driving a car that needs at least vpower or 99 ron tesco to get the best out of it is what it should have....Im not surprised that your getting flatspots ......

Or can you not get higher octane fuel where you live? :?
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

take it to your dealer and ask for the WARRANTY plugs had these fitted to mine and it was like a new car.

Comment

Sorry bute the dealers here in Sweden sucks,they have only sold about 40 OPC all ower Sweden.

What plugs do i need if i change?

And i only drive on Vpower 99

Comment

because i don't drive the car hard i go for the cheapest fuel as i'm saving for a house at the min so funds are tight, it is crap on fuel anyway so don't want to be spending all my wages on the car.

Besides when i have run on v-power or 99ron there's not that much difference anyway.
                            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Try turning the traction control off (hold down sports button for five secs light comes on on dash esp off on speedo)now give it the big one see how that is now.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X