This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jubilee clips

As above really, which jubilee clips do you find most effective and at a reasonable cost?
    Thanks

Makala clamps are strong and won't break at a couple of quid each.

Comment

Jcs hi-grip are good and reasonable money..
      But you say best jubilee clips in your title,and that would have to be Murray corp's turbo constant tension clamps....
      (There not cheap tho! Lol)

Comment

Originally posted by slim-shany View Post
        Jcs hi-grip are good and reasonable money..
        But you say best jubilee clips in your title,and that would have to be Murray corp's turbo constant tension clamps....
        (There not cheap tho! Lol)
        yes there alot for a jubilee clip !

Comment

Cant find makala clamps anywhere? Any links?

Comment

Originally posted by chriseve41 View Post
            Cant find makala clamps anywhere? Any links?
            They are mikalor mate, thats why.

They are huge, i run them on mine, but im gonna be removing and buying the jcs ones instead... They look better on the engine IMO.
            Astra - Power Red
            Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
            Let's see what happens with this one...

Comment

cant find makala but these are resonable price http://www.hcl-clamping.co.uk/Worm-D...Hose-Clamp-P22

Comment

http://www.hcl-clamping.co.uk/Jubile...FcrHtAod-AoAOg smooth inner ones

Comment

Mikalor clamps are very good, but JCS will be more than strong enough for stage 3 and probably a bit cheaper.

Comment

If you do go for the JCS ones the stainless steel ones seem to look a lot nicer for longer than the standard ones. No problems with mine so far and they've been on for around 3-4 years now.
                    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Neither mikalor or JCs clamps are ideal for silicone hoses...
                      You want "constant tension" clamps which wont cut into the hose over time.

My last vehicle ran Murrays constant tension clamps. They look the dogs too.

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK View Post
                        They are mikalor mate, thats why.

They are huge, i run them on mine, but im gonna be removing and buying the jcs ones instead... They look better on the engine IMO.
                        Lol spelling error.

Comment

sfs hoses sell the Murray ones..
                          I bought all mine for intake and boost from them and it cost me £180!
                          But have all coolant in jcs stainless gold plated from roose Motorsport..they look awesome!!

Comment

I use ABA Spring Hose Clips

These spring clips are an evolution of the original ABA clip and feature a thin insert of hard rolled stainless steel. By having a completely smooth band inside the clip, the tightening force is distributed evenly around the hose circumference, resulting in a more secure fit with a better seal. The insert also compensates for the expansion and contraction which occur with silicone hoses during temperature changes, thus minimising leakage.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by soosie
                            Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                            Originally posted by soosie
                            Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

JCS ones are the best/most reasonably priced ones and that's what I used with all my kits and I've had a few

The thinner mikalor ones look a bit... Meh:/
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Enhan...20366521479977

Comment

Working...
                              X