This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De cat

Has anyone got a full de cat exhaust system no there vxr ?

dont think they do one mate, they just do a sports cat :wink:

Comment

Re: De cat

Originally posted by alan burnett
      Has anyone got a full de cat exhaust system no there vxr ?
      dont think it can be done causes to many problems for the ecu,read somewhere poss thorny posted somthing about it.????????

Comment

Call one or all of the tuners for their advice.

Comment

ran a decat pipe on my stage 4 courtenay tuned astra gsi turbo and that didnt cause any probs just cut the cat out and weld a straight pipe in it was awesome and alot cheaper than a sports cat

Comment

Originally posted by darren
            ran a decat pipe on my stage 4 courtenay tuned astra gsi turbo and that didnt cause any probs just cut the cat out and weld a straight pipe in it was awesome and alot cheaper than a sports cat
            it has been said on here that there might be trouble with the lambda probe and the can-bus ecu but you should know as your a tech.

Comment

i think you need the cat so the sensor after the cat tells the ecu that everythings working fine . maybe wrong but if i am someone correct me??

Comment

well mine ran fine and i have done quite a few others and they seem to be fine never brought the light on plus it gave an extra 3 bhp on top of sports cat

Comment

f**k me that was quick :wink:

Comment

trust me his old Astra GSi was mental. as well as looking the Dogs it was so fast.

Comment

I too remember people mentioning that the VXR does not like the cat being removed. Infact I seem to remember someone saying that changing the sports cat to 100 cell is also detrimental to the VXR hence the 200 cell that is provided with the milltek system - of course if I'm wrong someone please let me know.

Comment

i know of at least 1 vxr running a 100 cell sport cat and thats fine

Comment

well if someone has a definate answer now would be the time to give it :wink:

Comment

well as soon as get a chance i will decat the zaf and let u no im sure it will be fine

Comment

Definitive answer? It can be done but the ECU needs special remapping to exclude the 02 sensor feeds to stop it going into limp home mode and this process can be unpredictable. We're testing 100 cell version of race cats (which are near as dammit a straight through pipe in terms of performance) with some mixed results.

We've seen some cars (G's) with decat pipes they invariably cause issues either straight away or longer term unless they are remapped to accept the lack of o2 feed.

Comment

Working...
                              X