Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT WAS YOUR VXR LIKE WHEN PICKED UP FROM NEW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT WAS YOUR VXR LIKE WHEN PICKED UP FROM NEW?

Have been reading lots of threads on other detailing sites about various brand new cars being picked up with massive swirling under a brinkmann and poor wash down to get rid of factory wax etc...

Adding to that not one bad report from vw but bucket loads from vauxhall owners of all types

i.e

Taken from detailing world:

nicklepickle
    Unwashed Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How common is it these days to get crappy preparation of a new car? Our latest brand new Vauxhall was in really bad shape when we got it - looked like it was greasy, but turned out to be swirl marks from, I presume, rough removal of the factory protectant and then poor conditioning. It has made the paint really susceptible to going off quickly after a polish (ie the shine/beading don't last)

Our VW is nothing like this and the polish lasts much longer, with less effort, despite it getting covering 3x the miles per annum. (Maybe also the paint quality here too).

Have really gone to town on the Vauxhall to see if I can recover it and get a shine that lasts. The neighbours think I have gone made and are making sarky comments, so I now detail in the garage !!

Do you think this is a case of just various bad dealerships employing a 17 year old with a single sponge just nilly willy cleaning with bloggs shampoo
    or what are your thoughts?
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

The car was spotless in all ways, it really was so smooth. However most of that is down to this site, I was asking for sono numbers and telling them what the options on their 07 Model Year was, they got worried.

However I have since noticed scratches along the edges of two of my alloys. They have not seen a thing, no kerbs and no knocks, and It looks like it has been done when the tyres were placed on. I did check the wheels then but they looked fine. These are not kerb marks, they look like them but are not on the face of the wheel, they are on the underside of the wheel where the tyre meets wheel so you can't see them.

Comment

Don't you believe VW are better, IMO they are poor, my R32 was covered is swirl marks and even had a damaged rear bumper which they poorly attempted to cover up. They even got a paint inspector from the factory to inspect the finish as they tried to blame VW as to its finish when all the damage was done during it's PDI. I then had 18 months of ballache trying to get all the niggles/damage put right.

To be honest I don't think modern paint finishes are as good as ones from yesteryear, yeah they look good, but they chip/mark/scratch so easily.

Here's hoping my new Vectra will be okay... :wink:

Comment

yea i wonder what paint thickness vauxhall spray to would hope around the 200 microns ..
        Does anyone know or have they measured when doing paintwork correction?
        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I've noticed some minor swirling on my VXR but only once I started getting into keeping it clean and wanting it in tip top condition. My plan is to wait until after the winter and then do a full cleanup when the longer hours are back - don't have garage so it has to be done outside so need the longer days to do it.

Comment

Mine was spotless, and my dealer threw in one of those car cleaning kits (Sonax ones).

Comment

HA HA HA HA LOL

Sonax

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAHAGHAGAHHGH COUGH MY GUTS UP

Comment

Mine was covered in swirls and rotary trails, I have since PC`d the car to get rid of them, measured the paint thickness as well, avg..170microns.

VW paint is a lot harder so probably less likely to be swirled, VX paint is very soft, I deswirled mine withs megs #80 which is a very fine polish ...

Comment

170 microns.........Good info that thankyou....

Had a feeling the paint was soft.......aswell.......
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc

Had a feeling the paint was soft.......aswell.......

Polish too hard and it looks like it is starting to fade in places. Very soft paint, but love the car too much to send it away for this to be sorted out. I also dont trust anyone tuching it with a feather, so Vauxhall will def not tuch it!!!

Comment

the paint was fine on ours but the black trim was smeared with polish residue

but the last thing u want to do when your picking up a vxr is wait any longer for the dealers to sort it out for you :wink:

Comment

mine was crap when i picked it up im sure that stevie wonder could have done a better job. transport wax all over the alloys and the drivers wing vx wanted to clean it again i told them to **** *** ill do it myself all is good now its got a few layers of swissol poor boys and mothers on there and lots more to come

Comment

swissol nice wax...concours?........
                          Post some pics in photo section..... :wink:
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                          X