X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual suspension set-up.

Afternoon everybody,

I picked up my first VXR last week and must say so far am loving it. I'll post a proper introducing thread once I get a better picture.

I do have a quick bit of brain piking to do. I was told by the previous owner that the car has Eibach Pro springs on it. A few days after I bought it a mate pointed out that the front sits lower than the back. I had a look underneath. Upon doing this I saw the front springs are red and the rears black. I really like the way the front sits and want to bring the back down to match. Problem is I don't know how much lower than standard it is. Its sat on 18" s. Not sure if there was a reason t lower it in this fashion. The reg is GJ56 MYC in case the previous owner is still on here and can shed any light. It also feels a bit fidgety at speed. Not sure if this would be a contribution factor or if that is just alignment.

Many thanks in advance
    18" BBS CH, Bilstein B8, Dap-R, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, Aston DB9 Brembos, Forge re-circ, Miltek turbo back, Cdti conversion with K&N panel filter, Oil restrictor bolt, Forge fmic, Courtney Sport Brake cooling ducts and fog delete, SPA and Stack gauges.

BUILD THREAD HERE

it seems the rears are on standard springs

Comment

Sounds like he's put lowering springs on the front and left the standard springs on the back for some reason :S the eibach springs I put on where red and where the sportlines which give the nose down stance but in your picture it deffo looks like its sat the same at the front but alot higher (standard) at the back
      Astra VXR Racing Edition 425 - Courtenay sport stage 4, K06 Hybrid turbo, Pec I-beam rods, Turbo back Remus exhaust system, Quaife ATB Limited slip differential, Areomotive fuel pump, Courtenay top hat, inlet manifold and front mount intercooler, Courtenay cdti airbox conversion and panel filter, Vectra C air scoop, Courtenay uprated actuator, Forge recirc valve, Whiteline RARB, Eibach sportlines and 3 gauge conversion - 320 BHP 357 FT/LBS Torque

Comment

Yeah, thought so. Don't suppose you know if its possible to just buy a set of rear springs and if so where from. Also the standard drop of Eibachs. I believe its 15mm?
        18" BBS CH, Bilstein B8, Dap-R, Whiteline RARB, Quaife LSD, Aston DB9 Brembos, Forge re-circ, Miltek turbo back, Cdti conversion with K&N panel filter, Oil restrictor bolt, Forge fmic, Courtney Sport Brake cooling ducts and fog delete, SPA and Stack gauges.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

As far as I know you can buy just the rears on their own but you would end up paying almost as much as a full set of eibach pro's.

Worth just buying a set.

Wouldn't surprise me if it had snapped a rear spring so the previous owner slapped the standards back on the rear to get it through an MOT or something.
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Aideo View Post
            Yeah, thought so. Don't suppose you know if its possible to just buy a set of rear springs and if so where from. Also the standard drop of Eibachs. I believe its 15mm?
            It depends on which eibachs you go for, you would have to try second hand ones I'm not sure if you can buy them individually
            Astra VXR Racing Edition 425 - Courtenay sport stage 4, K06 Hybrid turbo, Pec I-beam rods, Turbo back Remus exhaust system, Quaife ATB Limited slip differential, Areomotive fuel pump, Courtenay top hat, inlet manifold and front mount intercooler, Courtenay cdti airbox conversion and panel filter, Vectra C air scoop, Courtenay uprated actuator, Forge recirc valve, Whiteline RARB, Eibach sportlines and 3 gauge conversion - 320 BHP 357 FT/LBS Torque

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
              As far as I know you can buy just the rears on their own but you would end up paying almost as much as a full set of eibach pro's.

Worth just buying a set.

Wouldn't surprise me if it had snapped a rear spring so the previous owner slapped the standards back on the rear to get it through an MOT or something.
              Sounds a logical explanation, hadn't thought of that.

@Strongy, When you say "which Eibachs", how many variations are there and how do you tell. Sorry to sound a right noob but I've not had a chance to properly research yet and am currently at work so can only check randomly. Day off tomorrow so shall be researching some more.

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Bit of a long shot, but would anybody be able to tell by the picture how much lower than standard the front is? Its on 18"'s. I've been looking at springs and have noticed that Sportlines are red and have a drop of 40 - 50 mm and the Eibach Pros, black with a drop of 30mm. I want the front the same height it is now but want to bring the back down to match. Being the front springs are red I'd think Sportlines but then I was told that its on Eibachs Pros all round. Is the colour likely to be a true indicator of which spring it is?

BUILD THREAD HERE

Comment

Looks very much like Adam's car was it bought in or around the norwich/norfolk area?

If it is I can try and get hold of him and see what he put on it so you know. Look at the rear springs if they have a white box with ST in them then they are standard vxr springs if they are Eibach then they could be pro lines.

As for getting springs low enough to drop the rear, good luck with that only the cheap shiit ones will offer that unless you go with coilovers.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

Go for dap r springs if you want a level stance.

Comment

Working...
                    X