This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDUCTION KIT OR PANEL FILTER

Anyone have any preferences and for what reasons. What is peoples opinions on induction kits versus a sports panel filter
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Go for panelfilter ,less hot air!

Comment

Plus the induction filters may cause early failer of the MAF sensor.

Courtenays do their own pannel filter for about £30 and its good i used it in the GSi before putting it in the VXR.

Comment

yeah, thats what i thought i have the courtenay panel filter as with past experience using induction kits they never really seemed worth the money and time

Comment

years ago i hav a Vec B 2.5 V6 and i put a KnN 57i kit on it but it was only £35.00. it sounded awsome but the newer MAF sensors are a lot more delicate. plus why do you need air swerl in a turbo engine when the turbo does it for you.

Comment

yeah i quite agree with you there.

Comment

courtenay panel filter in my car runs just fine.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

every car ive had that ive put a cone filter on has come up with problems. its even worse on a turbo car becuase of the under bonnet temperatures.

the oe air box is desiged with cold air feeds to avoid sucking in hot air so personally i d always go for a decent panel filter.

and theres a big myth about an increase in perfomance with so called induction kits, where as ive yet to see evidence that this is true.

panel filter all the way :wink:
                stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X