This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sport button

can any1 tel me how this works as all my sales man told me was that when u press the button the throttle response is greater the steering tightens and the suspension is stiffer when i asked him how this work he just looked at me with a blank look on his face. i know that the throttle will be controled by the ecu. and the elec steering rack changing setings wil tighten the steering. but dose this change the suspension as i cant see any control units on the shockers hope this makes sens or am i barking up the wrong tree

Its a common salesman theme. Its that phrase they are taught ot say and have no idea what it means. I cant see how suspension stiffens either.

What I hate most is that they make you stay at a constant speed and press the button, and say" There did you feel that did you feel that nudge nudge wink wink!" and Im like "Sort of, but why? I want to press the button, rag the car and compare it to what it is like without the button, not stay at a constant speed and feel a slight "change" when you press it".

Had some pillac do exactly the same on the M5."There did you feel that did you feel that nudge nudge wink wink!" F*** off, that is NOT what the button is there for.

Comment

Re: sport button

Originally posted by h2yel
      but dose this change the suspension as i cant see any control units on the shockers hope this makes sens or am i barking up the wrong tree
      Click here and pick on Astra, go to Specifications, Safty and pick on IDS plus. All is expalined (Basically, it will if you have the option on the car).
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

As a car sales man myself demostrating the sport button in that was is the easyiest way to show how it changes the position of the throttle...

Cant say i can feel a change in steering myself and it doesnt affect the suspension unless u have IDS + i think

Comment

the car dose change when u press the button . when u press it on so the light is showing it feels as if the car stands up and is ready for sum action and when u depress the button i feel the car relaxing like its sayin job dun bk 2 sensible driving. :?

Comment

yes thats it.

sport will alter the suspension only if IDS is fitted.

Steering does seen more positive with sport on

Comment

get a stage 1 remap, that makes more use of the sport button

Comment

i would need a Stage 2 as a full exhaust is fitted but i might wait and goi for a full CS3 with the cooler aswell as it makes better sence to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
                  Had some pillac do exactly the same on the M5."There did you feel that did you feel that nudge nudge wink wink!" F*** off, that is NOT what the button is there for.
                  May be you should have showed him how to Fold down the rear seat to lower the weight of the car and make it a ferari beeter like your old SRI lol

Comment

Yeah maybe.

Comment

You'll never live it down, even with newbies.....

Comment

Its all good

Comment

Working...
                        X