This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front struts recall

Got a letter today, another recall, first the ignition/spark plug recall and now this, something about front suspension strut being manufactured without shock absorber bump stop, are Vauxhall taking the piss here or what, £20 grand i paid for this car, why am i having to take it back every 5 minutes?

what models does this affect? What year is your car?
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

06 plate

Comment

great....... I'll add it to the list, mine is an 06 plate....... It's a joke for a 20K+ car.
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Mines 06, I've had no recalls at all?!

Comment

06 Here Also !!!

No Recall Notifications ????

:? :? :?

Comment

I'll look into this. It doesn't affect that many cars I think. The fact they're recalling cars shouldn't be a negative on the car per se, cars are recalled all the time (at a massive cost to the manufacturer) its better they do that than let you drive around blindly with a problem? BMW had to recall 15k M3's for engine recalls which cost them £57m and the av retail price was £42k so its not relative to value.

Comment

Mine is an 07B so far so good.

Comment

There are 228 VXR's listed , and its a check to ensure they are fitted.

Stu

Comment

Yes, I have also had a letter yesterday 22/11/06, with regards to the bump stops , so will be booking the beast in soon at my local Vauxhall dealer, better to be safe than sorry and it is not going to cost us anything so it is worth getting it checked out :wink: , only time to go and get it checked.
                    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

Can you find out by phoning the dealer?

I bought mines private, so the previous owner might get the letter instead of me. Mines is a 06 plate so my one might be affected.

Comment

I agreee with Thorney I would much rather know about something potentially wrong with the car and that the manufacturer is being positive about sorting it out rather than waiting for someone to have an accident or a problem with the car!

Ok you could argue that there shouldn't be a defect in the first place but this is just a fact of life.

Just look at is them being pro-active!

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
                          There are 228 VXR's listed , and its a check to ensure they are fitted.

Stu
                          Stu is it on Chassis numbers if so any chance of a start and end to see if we fall with in as a lot of us have 2006 cars

Thanks
                          Alex.

Comment

M3 - couldn't agree more. At least they are telling people. Just remember the old times back in America where they had cars that were killing people but decided it was cheaper not to recall and tell people than it was to continue shipping - don't you just love corporate responsibilty

Comment

Mines is an 06 plate and not heard anything, but ive just bought it from a dealer down south as it was an ex demonstrator. Do you think it would have been already done?

Comment

Working...
                              X