This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtenay brake ducts

anyone got these? they seem a little overated surely the brakes get enough air from it rushing under the chassis as your driving, surely cant make much difference, correct me if im wrong though.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Hi i have them and so as alex thay work well, all the air that go's under the car do's just that.these then divert some to the brake disks.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

The brake ducts were sourced from a homologation F2 rally car built by Opel, they were fitted combat brake fade by increasing the cooling on to the discs, and you can see this from the increased amount of brake dust on the wheels- mind you better brake dust than brake fade. The Vectra also received this fix instigated by the MET Police on the Vectra V6; this mod was later used by MSD to fix the brake cooling issue on the Vectra GSi.
      sigpic
      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Vectra don't need them , it already has them, as a by product of CV cooling!. The bumper next to the fog lights have air ducts directed to the CV and brakes, not sure they are for the brakes or CV , as rumours say they are too cool the CV's at high spped runs.

However more to the point having tested on my Vectra B with and without they do work very very well, worth the cost.

Comment

Think john is talking about the vectra b.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
            Think john is talking about the vectra b.
            Yea I know , we even offered them onto the VXR but no go as it would mean drilling th elower arm. I edited the first post to add the bit about the B

Comment

I see got to it be for the edit, but yes they do work well, i have them on the vectra st and astra vxr.

Comment

i called a Dealer and asked about the cooling ducts and they said

£95

So the £17.50 from jon is job done. sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X