This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Folding Mirrors

My folding electric mirrors have a little"do what I feel like" trait to their personality. They never operate on their own, but often I find I have to press the button, press again, again, press and hold it for ages, press again and only THEN do the mirrors fold. Its only sometimes, the timing and length of delay varies and it is totaloly inconsistent.

Other times they work instantly. They seem to take AGES between folding in and out to do it again, i.e you could not sit there and go in, out, in, out with no pause in between.

Is this normal?

Mine work in a similar way Police_Driver. I think there is a pattern though. I need to sit down and work it out. I press the button and they fold in/out then I can't fold them again until after I hear a little electronic switching noise after the button is pressed and I wait 5 secs after that and then usually I can activate them again. But I agree they sometimes have a mind of their own! I'm sure the car's CAN bus technology is probably behind it somewhere! Just needs a technical person to post some info!

Comment

I didn't know that the mirrors did fold in and out??

Comment

If you paid for the option they will. Centre button in side mirror adjuster. I always cream myself when I bring them (deep breath in) in whilst going through tight gaps and then open them out (spreading her wings) on the exit. Must look cool to cars behind :wink:

Comment

Swing in exterior mirror:
          Manually: press lightly .
          Electrically (only if you the optional Electrically foldable door mirrors): Press the centre button as shown below and both mirrors will swing in.
          Press the button again - both exterior mirrors swivel to the starting position.

[/img]

Comment

do you know how much these are to get fitted after sale?? cause i want em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
              If you paid for the option they will. Centre button in side mirror adjuster. I always cream myself when I bring them (deep breath in) in whilst going through tight gaps and then open them out (spreading her wings) on the exit. Must look cool to cars behind :wink:

Nope, I use my mirrors as whiskers. If the mirrors won't fit, there's no way I'm squeezing the rest of the car through. Mirrors are cheaper than doors and wings !!!

dv.

Comment

Quite expensive after fit, lots of wiring through the car. Great fun though and everyone is always impressed as they never se u push button and think the car does it itself!

Comment

When you adjust you rright mirror does it adjust the left one as well, as on the Vectra? Of course you can then adjust the left on it own.

Comment

I dont get it

Comment

On the Vectra if you adjust your right hand mirror the left adjusts at the same time, but then you can adjust the left on its own. Its a feature according to the manual !!

Comment

Cant see how as there is only one button!

Comment

So how do you switch between left and right then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                            On the Vectra if you adjust your right hand mirror the left adjusts at the same time, but then you can adjust the left on its own. Its a feature according to the manual !!
                            Sounds like a couple of wires have shorted together

dv.

Comment

We are not talking adjustable mirrors here, the mirrors fold in like bmw's. One button sweeps them in one sweeps them back out

Comment

Working...
                              X