This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap questions

Hi i have had my vxr a few weeks now and was thinking of getting just a remap done and have a few questions .

1/ What sort of bhp/torque figures have people had with just a remap

2/ Is there a noticeable difference in power in sport mode and is it any differance when it is not in sport

3/ Is there any difference in fuel consumption

4/ Best place to get it done i live in south oxfordshire and price

Thanks

Re: Remap questions

Originally posted by davexnt
    Hi i have had my vxr a few weeks now and was thinking of getting just a remap done and have a few questions .

1/ What sort of bhp/torque figures have people had with just a remap

2/ Is there a noticeable difference in power in sport mode and is it any differance when it is not in sport

3/ Is there any difference in fuel consumption

4/ Best place to get it done i live in south oxfordshire and price

Thanks
    1/ well it all depends on where you go and what map you have.

2/ again all depends on hoe the mapping is set up in the car. some stay std ish powerr in normal but full power in sport.

3/ again all depends on how you drive. if you have it in sport and keep booting it then it will use loads but if you leave it in normal and drive slow then be about the same. it has been said that in sport driving normal it is better on fuel but only slightly.

4/ again all depends on what you want who you talk to how far you are willing to travel. from where you say you are in Reading i would say either
    REGAL in southampton,
    http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/

VXRPC in Banbury.
    http://www.vxrperformance.co.uk/perf_centre/index.html

Comment

Alex has pretty much summed it up there. All I have to add is that I have a VXR PC stage 1 remap and words cannot described it. I've done over 14k miles since I had the remap done and it still puts a huged smile on my face.

Without sport on the throttle response is reduced and the power delivery is much much smoother. The power is still there though and I do forgot how quick the car is without sport on. With sport on it's another matter, the throttle is really responsive and you get a huge boost of power. Even with a simple remap it pulls and pulls thru the rev range. I love it and cannot recommended it enough. My fuel consumption has almost remained the same. It's slightly dropped from 26mpg to 25mpg but obviously depends purely on how you drive. I like to put my foot down!! :wink:

Comment

I think the vxrpc would be best for me banbury is not to far away had a look on there web site didn't say much about performance figures and the price though .

Comment

contact Daveof on here as he is VXRPC. well works there.

Comment

or just go the whole hog like i did lol then you'll know what proper power is
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

You still smilein then bro see i told you they were the best now didn't i?

Comment

*waves*

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

not saying who's the best or the worse cos i cant comment on any tuners and wouldnt be right to do that alex, but i'm very very happy with it
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

Worsey, who's coutney? and what power are you running now? The car must be an absolute beast.
                    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
                      Worsey, who's coutney? and what power are you running now? The car must be an absolute beast.
                      just click on the link below my writing he's over in norwich way have a look at his site will be posting a stage 3 soon with graphs but boy is it fast now thought it was quick before this is just unbelievable its frightening i tell you
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

i was pointing out your spelling mate..... :wink:

Bet it is fantastic, i never want to go in one, i know i would want it..
                        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

he he got it ta
                          sigpic
                          M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                            Big up your self.

God dont you just hate it some ppl have to blow their own trumpet.

whats up you feeling left out as we never linked you on here.

Your not the only tuner out there. but you seem to be making too much noise. ppl might ask why all the shouting about the others dont shout like that.

Comment

hi guys been off line for few days, worsy got it done then, looks good said u be impressed getting mine in after christmas, see u have up set john, more power than his car had word with him and hes going to sort it when ur there next 100bhp should do it how was the drive home :wink:

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X