This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd TIME (NOT LUCKY)

My car has been lucked at 3 times now by 3 different dealers!!. I have just picked my car up from my local vauxhall dealership were i bought the car!! for the creaking noise i have been experiencing from the rear of the car, and what do you know, as soon as i pull onto my drive CREAK!!! F*****G CREAK!!. They have had the car all day and they said they have lubricated the axle and some rubber or something!!. I GIVE UP!! its not goin in again!!
    sorry just need a moan!! its so irritating and inconvenient.

and to really rub salt in the wounds i now am experiencing wind noise coming through the drivers door on the motorway about 100mph, and its quite loud!! had a look at the rubbers and the door alignment but everything seems o.k. any suggestions? :?

i experience both of the issues you have mentioned. The wind niose is being resolved by a new seal on the passenger side tomorrow..... We'll see.....

The squeak, they just told me that they all do it and not to worry about it!!
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
      i experience both of the issues you have mentioned. The wind niose is being resolved by a new seal on the passenger side tomorrow..... We'll see.....

The squeak, they just told me that they all do it and not to worry about it!!
      let me know if the seal works Daz!!

cheers

Comment

ok, won't be till friday though. I'll put a post up no doubt being very dissatisfied, i always am, they've got list the length of my arm, to be honest if the squeak is all that is the matter with yours think yourself lucky and live with it!!
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

When I had my GSi ( which is basically the same rear end ) that also developed the creaking from the rear when going slowly over pot holes and stuff. The dealer cured it by lubricating the rear bushes if I remember right, they also suggested that I lay off the pressure washer a bit I hope you get sorted soon. I have to go back to the dealers this weekend as I noticed last night that the passanger door is a different colour to the rest of the car

Comment

what colour is it wardy?

Comment

Mostly silver!! The door is slightly lighter than the front and rear wings. You think when you buy new you will be ok, I also had a similar problem when I bought a mk4 SRi 2.0 and I got a new car after complaining for nearly six months, but it was worth it because when it turned up it had been replaced by the 2.2

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
                When I had my GSi ( which is basically the same rear end ) that also developed the creaking from the rear when going slowly over pot holes and stuff. The dealer cured it by lubricating the rear bushes if I remember right, they also suggested that I lay off the pressure washer a bit I hope you get sorted soon. I have to go back to the dealers this weekend as I noticed last night that the passanger door is a different colour to the rest of the car
                thats interesting, i also use a pressure washer!!

Comment

I noticed on my VXR after I picked it up that there was some red grease on the large bushes that pivot the torsion beam, this may be the "fix". Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                    Originally posted by wardy
                    thats interesting, i also use a pressure washer!!
                    Looks like there`s a link here ??
                    BTW I have no creaking issue .... I dont use pressure wash.
                    Wonder if its the pressure wash or the chemical (if any is used) I had brake pistons sticking on my last car ...... I used the works pressure wash with chemical !!

Comment

mine creaks and always has, and i have never used a jet wash on mine.

Comment

take it to frost chichester, my old man works there, had the creaking problem, and he sorted it out, hasnt come back yet!

Comment

what are you using with the pressure washer?
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

what was it then? Let us know so that we can all tell our dealers how to sort it!!!

Comment

i don't use any chemicals with the pressure washer, just use it for rinsing down and blasting my wheels when i have washed them. (only use turtle wax)

Comment

Working...
                              X