X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUMP VALVE

Sorry if this has been asked before.

How loud is an aftermarket dump valve (DV26) on a standard astra VXR with no mods ?, (thats with the oe re-circ valve still operating and DV teeing into the fuel pressure reg).

Cheers,
    Chris.

Hi Chris,

I dont know a tech measurement, but its not loud at all. Some have complained about it being too quiet...

Not sure if other people mention the loudness of the dv in this thread, take a read though if you haven't already

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=617

Hope this helps

Rob

Comment

I`m toying with the idea of fitting a DV from Courtney Sport, however I`m in 2 minds if there really worth the money at roughly £150

I previosuly owned a STI Subaru and the DV I had on that was amasing, however the original re-circ valve was taken off and replaced with the atmosphric DV, apparently this is not the case on the VXR`s, so I don`t quite know what the point is of fitting an aftermarket DV, as the re-circ will still be operational?

Has anyone fitted one and if so whats your opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bailes
        I`m toying with the idea of fitting a DV from Courtney Sport, however I`m in 2 minds if there really worth the money at roughly £150

I previosuly owned a STI Subaru and the DV I had on that was amasing, however the original re-circ valve was taken off and replaced with the atmosphric DV, apparently this is not the case on the VXR`s, so I don`t quite know what the point is of fitting an aftermarket DV, as the re-circ will still be operational?

Has anyone fitted one and if so whats your opinions?

Well i took the gamble and bought the DV and fitting kit from courtenays yesterday for £125. Gonna fit it when it comes and see how it performs. Im going to leave the re-circ valve alone. Hopefully the noise will be enough to hear from outside the car (on full boost !! )

Comment

cwvxr> Please report back and let us know your thoughts!

Comment

hi cw was over at courtneys yesterday when you rang i think , i had the stage 3 on and didnt bother with the dv but since then i notice the standard 1 a lot more now whistling away very nice with the sound of the full milltek
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

First post for about 2 months!!

Worsy

Your an animal!! your black vxr will ripping tarmac up all the way to the North West!!

Oh yeh past me bike test yesterday so finally took my GSXR out and my god what a sensation the roar from it is unbeleavable!!

Andy

Comment

Working...
              X