This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions

Is it just me, or does the design of the astra just make it chuck water over the rear of the car when the roads are wet? When cleaning it, it doesnt seem so dirty, until you get to the back where it seems to have messed its self! I went through a wet patch the other day, the sun was out, and i could see the mist flying all over the place. I'd consider mudflaps if they weren't so chavish.

Also, I havent put anything in it aother than 97 octane fuel, and i'm getting a flatspot at around 4k rpm. I've got a couple of thoughts on this...

I have only got 500 miles on the clock, so are flatspots likely/common at this 'bedding in' stage?

Im still getting used to having a powerful car, so can you get apparent flatspots if you just stick your gas pedal to the floor? I used to have to do this in the 1.6, and trying not to in the vxr.

Or... is this strange, and i should take it back in to dealers?

If it matters, im mainly using tesco 97 octane, they dont do the 99 round my way yet. Had a tank of v power in it too.

Opinions would be appreciated

Cheers,

Rob[/b]

Use v-power or 99 octane and you should notice a difference!! cause i did after experiencing similar problem. I always put good quality fuel in the beast now.

Comment

you need to try the 99 or v power i have since day 1 and have never had 1 flat spot , you need to try it on a full tank to see what happens then or just take it to a tuners and they might be able to spot the problem
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

i only find a bit of a flat spot when i'm in second, other than that it's fine.

As for the dirt/water problem, it is terrible i agree. Car is dirty as soon as you take it out.
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

yeh my rear bumper always looks like ive driven thru a swamp :wink:

Comment

Re: A couple of questions

Originally posted by rflowers
            Is it just me, or does the design of the astra just make it chuck water over the rear of the car when the roads are wet? When cleaning it, it doesnt seem so dirty, until you get to the back where it seems to have messed its self! I went through a wet patch the other day, the sun was out, and i could see the mist flying all over the place. I'd consider mudflaps if they weren't so chavish.
            Funny you should mention this because I've noticed in the rain recently and I even talked to my brother about it just a few hours ago. I am going to call my dealer and ask for mudflaps. My rear always get's so dirty shortly after cleaning it.
            sigpic

Comment

Re: A couple of questions

Originally posted by maxell
              Originally posted by rflowers
              Funny you should mention this because I've noticed in the rain recently and I even talked to my brother about it just a few hours ago. I am going to call my dealer and ask for mudflaps. My rear always get's so dirty shortly after cleaning it.
              maybe your not cleaning it properly, are you experiencing soreness aswell??? This could result in a very sore AR** often called CHAPP** AR**

Comment

and i would recommend talking to your doctor about it rather than your brother!!!

Comment

pmsl nelly its called chafusarseus aint it ?
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

dont do flaps yet for the vxr wel thats wat my vx garage told me when i asked for them at pdi. your flat spot mite be your spark plugs causing u the problem get ur vx garage 2 check them out

Comment

someone on here as bought some from a company who makes em for the vxr dont know where it is but it's an old post .
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by h2yel
                        dont do flaps yet for the vxr wel thats wat my vx garage told me when i asked for them at pdi. your flat spot mite be your spark plugs causing u the problem get ur vx garage 2 check them out
                        put mud flaps in the site search

img]http://www.toofast.org.uk/VXR/IMGP0705.JPG[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by h2yel
                          put mud flaps in the site search

img]http://www.toofast.org.uk/VXR/IMGP0705.JPG[/img]

Comment

not my cup of tea
                            sigpic
                            M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                              not my cup of tea
                              bloody hell worsy that was quick reply get off your pc you must get out more

Comment

Working...
                              X