This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Here!

Just had a call from my mate at Vauxhall. Mine has literally just been dropped off
    Should be getting the checks done this afternoon, and going to have a gander after work.

Well chuffed

Lucky bugg3r. How long did you have to wait?

Comment

happy days harpy you will be pleased get some pic's and post em up if you get the chance .
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Had a good look last night. It was very dirty, having just come off the truck but apart from that, it looked fantastic. It even still had the foam bits on the doors, seats covered up and wheel trims were in the boot (along with the mats ) I'm liking the keyless entry, but was surprised that it doesn't auto lock (apparently Vauxhall changed this as it was annoying people - having to watch the car as you walked away to make sure it locked?).

Should be picking it up Monday evening assuming the insurance documents turn up in time. I'll try and get some pics up at the weekend, depending on whether I get a chance to re-wash it and make it sparkle.

Ordered it back in September or so.

Comment

wheel trims were in the boot
          I hope you mean the center's...otherwise
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
            wheel trims were in the boot
            I hope you mean the center's...otherwise
            no, he went for the 14" wheels with hubcaps

Comment

Originally posted by Harps
              Had a good look last night. It was very dirty, having just come off the truck but apart from that, it looked fantastic. It even still had the foam bits on the doors, seats covered up and wheel trims were in the boot (along with the mats ) I'm liking the keyless entry, but was surprised that it doesn't auto lock (apparently Vauxhall changed this as it was annoying people - having to watch the car as you walked away to make sure it locked?).

Should be picking it up Monday evening assuming the insurance documents turn up in time. I'll try and get some pics up at the weekend, depending on whether I get a chance to re-wash it and make it sparkle.

just an thought, it might be an idea to ask your dealer about drive away insurance, it can be organised over the phone & cuts out the hassle of waiting for insurance documents- what it will mean is that you will deffo be with your car on monday!

regards flinty

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
                Originally posted by Harps

just an thought, it might be an idea to ask your dealer about drive away insurance, it can be organised over the phone & cuts out the hassle of waiting for insurance documents- what it will mean is that you will deffo be with your car on monday!

regards flinty

i thought drive away insurance was pretty much standard with new cars. Vaux use norwich union, i know this as my sister got 7 days when she picked up her corsa

Comment

i used it, no problem, made the whole exercise a little easier. the worst thing was dealing with the call centre

Comment

No chance, i even said ill get the insurance company to fax the insurance details, wouldnt have it, must be sent to the car garage before they'll let you have the car.

Comment

a cover note faxed to the dealers is enough surely.

Comment

Originally posted by jame-one
                        No chance, i even said ill get the insurance company to fax the insurance details, wouldnt have it, must be sent to the car garage before they'll let you have the car.
                        there is every chance! most "new car dealers" use this scheme, you only have to ask but you have to do all the leg-work yorself. The dealer provides you with its dealer code & you phone Drive away insurance who give you a quote . This quote covers you for period of 7 days. Apparently the dealer is then emailed a cover note to enable them to tax your car.

Comment

Working...
                        X