This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Light Condensation

Has anyone else problems with there rear lights getting condensation in them, only mine are really bad and just thought I would ask the question.

yep half the site i think there as been a thread on here a few times about all the lights misting up mine do and so do my fogs just gonna keep an eye on em and maybe get back to dealers to sort em out .
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

this is a common problem and happens to alot of the modern cars nowadays!! i had it on my last car and the one before that and every dealer said it was normal and it won't cause any problems!!

Comment

yup , all you have to do is breath near them and they mist up :?

Comment

is it the seals or the units themselves? ive not had a problem with my current bertone coupe. but i have on previous astras.

i think if its a problem with all of them, and has been for a while, vaux could look into making a better waterproof unit. if not, would you want to take them out, leave them in an airing cupboard for a few days and then seal with some silicon sealent?

Comment

They don't really need taking out, cause the condensation does go away by itself once warmed up abit!! you will only notice it usually when you wash car, but it does disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich
              is it the seals or the units themselves? ive not had a problem with my current bertone coupe. but i have on previous astras.

i think if its a problem with all of them, and has been for a while, vaux could look into making a better waterproof unit. if not, would you want to take them out, leave them in an airing cupboard for a few days and then seal with some silicon sealent?
              The light units arn't sealed! If you look at the middle of the rear lights there is a small hole to let moisture out.

The dealer will only replace them if they are still misted after leaving the loghts on for 15 minutes.
              Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
                Originally posted by VXRich

The light units arn't sealed! If you look at the middle of the rear lights there is a small hole to let moisture out.

The dealer will only replace them if they are still misted after leaving the loghts on for 15 minutes.
                *doesnt have a vxr till monday to look at*

as long as they dont look like a bag of goldfish at a carnival stall, i suppose its not much of a problem

Comment

ave had 3 sets o bk lights in 5 wks local dealer has used sealer detween body work and light units still the same just have 2 live with it for now till vx *** up with new lights . your front lights will do the same its a pain in the *** when you have a nice shine car add the lights let it down

Comment

Yeah it is pretty crap really, mine stay misty all the time so I may be back off to the dealer tomorrow to find out what there willing to do lol

Comment

I don't see why this is a problem. THis happens sometimes on my rear right light when I clean the car, but goes away immediately there after. I think there are bigger problems in life really.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxell
                        I don't see why this is a problem. THis happens sometimes on my rear right light when I clean the car, but goes away immediately there after. I think there are bigger problems in life really.
                        But if people are having the problem of constant condensation in the lights, it could eventually effect the connections in the lamps...probably after the warranty has expired!

you see it quite often, people putting on their brakes, and their indicator/reverselight/fog light flashes on instead. this is often caused by water ingress

Comment

I have also had this happen to me on ford cars aswell!! so i don't think it is just a vauxhall problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X