Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servicing at a non-Vxl dealership - warranty issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing at a non-Vxl dealership - warranty issue?

Grateful if someone could clarify the situation please concerning me choosing not to have my Astra VXR serviced at Vxl dealership but choosing instead to use a local garage.

With regard to warranty issues will I be okay to do this? Will they be okay stamping my service book? Is there a 'service' light that will come on? If not done at a Vxl d'ship, how do I get that reset?

The garage in question is extremely reputable, is VAT registered and will use Vxl parts. They have diagnostic equipment but not obviously Tech 2.

I have used this garage for many, many years and am considering to carry on using them. Better the devil you know kinda thinking, whereas my local Vxl dealership (whom I did not buy the car from incidently) is an unknown quantity (oh yes, and my long standing garage is a lot cheaper!).

Your comments please.

I was under the impression that as long as `the other garage` serviced your car to Vauxhalls specification and used Genuine Vauxhall Parts it was ok. But I guess you`d have a fight on your hands if anything went T*TS UP.

Comment

Thanks Scooter. I'll bear it in mind. Anyone else shed any more light?

Comment

Ive had experience as Scooter said, basically - I had a local bike mechanic do the basic stuff using honda parts, got honda to do the rest - my local honda dealer was fine with that and still stamped the book and so on.... however! I never had to claim against any work so wither or not they would still be helpful in the event... I dont know....

Comment

Scooter is absolutely right, due to block exemption, a manufacturer can only insist that the car is maintained using Genuine parts and in strict accordance to the Manufacturer schedule.
          sigpic
          29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL
            Scooter is absolutely right, due to block exemption, a manufacturer can only insist that the car is maintained using Genuine parts and in strict accordance to the Manufacturer schedule.
            BER 1400/2002

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter
              I was under the impression that as long as `the other garage` serviced your car to Vauxhalls specification and used Genuine Vauxhall Parts it was ok. But I guess you`d have a fight on your hands if anything went T*TS UP.
              Agree with Scooter, When i picked my car up from the Vauxhall dealer he said that i could get my car serviced anywhere as long as they use genuine Vauxhall parts!!

Good luck mate!

Comment

Thanks for the comments people.

Comment

Working...
                X