This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what could be creaking?

When i accelerate in first/second ican hear a sort of creaking sound from in the engine bay somewhere, i hear it more in traffic or when setting off slowly. I also hear it more when i have more people in the car, when it is under load.

It gets more noticeable when i have been doing a lot of stoping and starting. you can also hear in in third if you are travveling at low revs and accelerate slowly.

It's been in twice but you have to listen for the noise most of the time so they haven't sorted it.

What do you think it could be? I havent a clue with engines. Engine mounts or gear linkages, i really have no idea......
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

any ideas people?
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Thats weird, i think we all get a creaking at very low speed from the rear. can't undertand what yours could be thought. Very strange. Inform vauxhall and maybe take a mechanic out and let them listen. Sorry to hear uv'e got a problem though. Can be very annoying.

Good luck,

Ben.

Comment

No creaks at any speed anywhere, sorry.

Comment

yeah like i say vauxhall have been told twice, they haven't a clue though.

Any ideas more than welcome, even if you don't have the problem, if you can think what it might be.......

Comment

any of the tuners have any ideas?

Not if you have heard it before but what the possibilities are, just so that i can eliminate them.

Ta

Daz

Comment

please help!!! even if it's just a stab in the dark, it's driving me up the wall!!!!

Comment

Dry Suspension bushes.... Engine Mounts, Exhaust Mounts.

Comment

Only time I had a creaking noise coming from the front of a car was on my Corsa. Fault occured when depressing the pedals and it was apparently something to do with the box assembly around the pedals having a crack - but your problem sounds different...

Comment

Working...
                  X