This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello!!

hello, been a member for quite a while without getting around to posting anything. picked up lots of useful advice while lurking around here.
    picked up brand new arden blue with 19"s a month ago, after only having to wait 3 weeks not bad considering some people are waiting months.
    overall very pleased with the car, my only real gripe so far is the problem that everyone seems to be suffering with and thats the shockingly soft paint!
    Iv done 1,000 miles and so far the rear bumper is looking machine gunned with chips, as anyone else noticed this, pretty low down on the rear bumper? also the paint around the arches is badly chipped.
    im considering going back to the dealer to see if theres something that can be done, has anyone else approached a dealer about this.
    the car is the girlfriends weekly runabout, i only get the weekend to have a blast

hi and welcome leepy , sorry to hear about the problems ur having with the paint , ive had mine since sept and have covered a lot of motorway miles recently but havent got any chips on mine ( apart from the wheels :? wife kerbing em and me a couple of times lol ) but mines black but so far so good , you want to take it back get the paint checked out could be a problem with it
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Yep this is starting to worry me!!!!!

Few too many posts cropping up about this!!

Oh and
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

hello and welcome.

Comment

i just don`t want to think about what the car is going o look like in a years time.
          we bought the car hoping to look after it and keep it for long time.
          but this has got to hurt the residule value.
          i`ve had cars resprayed before,and every time you could tell.
          the last thing i want is a respray on a new car.
          i don`t look forward to cleaning it now.i tried a touch up pen but it always looks 4 shades to dark!
          would any of you trust chipsaway with your vxr?

Comment

no, not at all, as mentioned in a previous thread. i used it on an old car and it looked like nail polish. the only thing i would put on a chip is a treatment to prevent corrosion, but only if the chip is down to metal

Comment

Welcome !!! I have had mine about 4 months the car is 10 month old and to be honest i don't really have alot of chips just the odd one or 2 on the bonnet i think the roads could have a contributing factor depending on were in the country you are!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                Welcome !!! I have had mine about 4 months the car is 10 month old and to be honest i don't really have alot of chips just the odd one or 2 on the bonnet i think the roads could have a contributing factor depending on were in the country you are!! :wink:

hello,thanks for the welcomes
                the roads up here in lancashire are like all areas never perfect,but can they differ that much?
                i owned an impreza for 4 years and can`t recall any problems with stone chips.in fact,my work van(1996 fiat scuddo) has covered over 90,000 mile in my familys possesion and has hardly any.
                the perfect solution for me would be to take the car back and get a new one with better paint quality.i know this is not going to happen because everybody is having the same problem.so it seems that i will have to lump it.maybe even try chips away,but at this rate they would be here every weekend costing a fortune.
                i`ll try get a digital camera fromsome where and post a pic.

Comment

WHAT PART OF LANCS YOU FROM LEEPY I USED TO LIVE IN LEIGH AND ME OLD MAN LIVES IN BLACKBURN ? ooops caps
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                    WHAT PART OF LANCS YOU FROM LEEPY I USED TO LIVE IN LEIGH AND ME OLD MAN LIVES IN BLACKBURN ? ooops caps

don`t tell ya old man.........burnley.
                    your not going to ignore me are ya worsy?

Comment

no mate he's from dirty leeds originally but settled in blck about 22 yrs ago unfortunately for me he has cancer and wont be with us much longer but enough of that enjoy the car it's the nut's especially when you have stage 3
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

sorry to here that.

stage 3! i can just about afford stage 0(actually buying the thing)
                        i might atempt to convince the my other half of a remap when we get it serviced next year.

Comment

you only need to get it serviced cat 20k which will be a while unless you do a lot of mileage daily ? tell her you want it remapping for ur crimbo pressie lol
                          sigpic
                          M.U.F.C.

Comment

steady on dirty leeds your talking to a yorkshireman now

As for the pain its **** the worst i have come across far too soft and much too thin water base paint thay can keep it. Worsy as for the paint on your car it will soon be all gone with that stage 3.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yeh i know even me hairs falling out now dave pmsl
                              sigpic
                              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X