This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl**dy Wheels!!

Has anyone found the wheels difficult to keep clean.

I cleaned my wheels after about 10 days of owning and found that the dirt between the spokes had engrained terribly and was a nightmare to get off. I also notice that Vauxhall along with many other manufacturers do not believe in finishing off the inside of the rim with a proper coating of lacquer as the brake dust has pitted the inside rim already. Is this a warranty claim to get the wheels finished off properly or do I need to do the same as my previous cars and have them done myself in Sprin time when the road conditions improve. It costs me approx £160 for the 4 wheels to be painted and lacquered and I may change the colour also at that time. Has anyone else changed the colour of the Vauxhall 19" rims and if so, any pictures??

Cheers,
    Clint

I think vauhall wheels have always been a pain in the back side to clean, and i dont think vauxhall will do it for you or give you a new set of wheels.. What they may do is clean them with the stuff they use which is really good stuff....

Comment

I cant say I've had too much difficulty in cleaning my wheels cos i've got small petite hands.
      You should get your wife or other half to clean them for you. :wink:

Comment

ha ha, you should go and clean them for him, so him how its done lol...

Comment

I'm not saying I've trouble cleaning the wheels but that the inside of the wheel does not clean very well due to pitting!
          (I've had the car jacked up and wheels off trying to clean them to the same quality finish as the outside of wheel).
          I challenge anyone who says the finish on the inside if the rims is the same quality finish as the outside of the wheel without carrying out further painting/lacquer work as makers purely dont put effort into the inside of the rims?...........and it does make a difference if the inside is finished off nicely cos the dirt simply washes off the same as the outside of the wheel and it can be seen through the spokes and from behing the car.

Cheers,
          Clint

Comment

Originally posted by MR F Quick
            I'm not saying I've trouble cleaning the wheels but that the inside of the wheel does not clean very well due to pitting!
            (I've had the car jacked up and wheels off trying to clean them to the same quality finish as the outside of wheel).
            I challenge anyone who says the finish on the inside if the rims is the same quality finish as the outside of the wheel without carrying out further painting/lacquer work as makers purely dont put effort into the inside of the rims?...........and it does make a difference if the inside is finished off nicely cos the dirt simply washes off the same as the outside of the wheel and it can be seen through the spokes and from behing the car.

Cheers,
            Clint

i know exactly what you mean.after 2 days of owning i cleaned the wheels and found it impossible to get brake dust from the inside of some of the rims.
            to be honest im not that bothered as long as the outsides don`t become pitted with brake dust.
            i can`t help thinking if i left the rims for more than a couple of weeks they would!

Comment

I use Megs Wheel Brightner at a 4:1 ratio to clean my wheels and it does a perfect job inside and out, the inside edges/rim is more difficult to clean as it has much less laquer applied during manufacture

Comment

mine are always dirty get sick of cleaning em but i find that the megs spray get's all the c**p off but the inside's a different matter and means taking the wheel off to give em a good clean
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Try sealing them with wheel guard

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/w...ard/p_197.html

and see here on detailing world for results

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/show...ht=wheel+guard

As robbie says megs wheel brightener or megs apc every week should keep them ok.
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i use wash n wax on my wheels , just some cheep car plan stuff but it really stops the brake dust and c**p from sticking :wink:

i just end up with bruises up my arms from sticking them thru the spokes :?

Comment

I had the same problem, mine had overspray of the `protective wax` once I took the wheels off and gave them a good clean and polished them with normal car polish ......... piece of p*ss to keep clean now. Hope its something as simple in your case.

Comment

Just need a barrier between dust and wheel.......simple really!!!
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                        X