X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 niggles after 1500 miles

Nothing wrong in general but:

Finding it hard to to change into second gear doing a very hard burst to 60... Twice now has the gear stuck/crunched, and it has done so badly. I have completed many successful runs but I find even being gentle coming out of 1st and not rushing the change it has let me down. Tonight I did not embaress a Clio 182 enough, it looked like he was keeping up with me (until later).

Also I have noticed my drivers window rattles. With it down an inch or two it seems to rattle over many average bumps/camber changes.

Anyone else suffered the same?

When i bought mine, it had about 4000 miles on clock and i found the second gear was like this to!! but its fine now on about 7000 miles whether it was just me getting used to the car or the car getting used to me i don't know!!

Comment

yer i have the same thing with both my windows, ratles agaist the door mirror bracket.

Comment

My gearbox is fine, if a little stiff but then its only done 2600 miles so I would expect it to loosen up, and yes the window is so annoying when about half way down, I think the best way to fix it is turn the stereo up or better still buy a milltek

Comment

Re: 2 niggles after 1500 miles

Originally posted by Arden_One
          Nothing wrong in general but:

Finding it hard to to change into second gear doing a very hard burst to 60... Twice now has the gear stuck/crunched, and it has done so badly. I have completed many successful runs but I find even being gentle coming out of 1st and not rushing the change it has let me down. Tonight I did not embaress a Clio 182 enough, it looked like he was keeping up with me (until later).

Also I have noticed my drivers window rattles. With it down an inch or two it seems to rattle over many average bumps/camber changes.

Anyone else suffered the same?
          ghear box is fine but get the same trouble with the window,it;s also noisy with the window full up ????has anybody got a fix for this ????????

Comment

mate,
            eliminate this theory before getting uptght with window,i also thought my driver window was rattling and tried allsorts with no joy,then discovered it was my sunglasses rattling in the holder above window,i felt a right t**t : ....may not be in your case but......u never know

Comment

i dont know if its common across the vaux range, but in my 53 bertone coupe, i hated the gearbox, especially 1st to 2nd. it could be hit or miss when flooring the car, and made for 1 or 2 slightly buggered overtaking maneuvers.

havnt noticed it so much in the vxr, but i am still getting used to it. however, putting it into first when sat in traffic, as i have a habit of grabbing over the gear knob, and with the vxr knob, and the reverse gate release under the handle, im pulling the button and then catching between R and 1st, and then panicking at lights, hehe.

but thats all

Comment

Mines a little stiff going into second, but getting used to it.

Window rattles too!!

Comment

youve pinched my name ya b*gger :wink:

Comment

Working...
                  X