This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Mapping with IDS+

Okay folks, directed mainly at the wonderful tuners who grace these pages...
    ...but help from all will be appreciated.

Cars with IDS+
    Considering the Sport button changes not only engine characteristics but also suspension settings to cars with IDS+....

What happens to these suspension settings when remapping ??

Thanks
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

With the VXRPC re maps the oe settings remain in place, its a total recalibration of the ids ecu that is required. Weve looked into it and are still working on various settings, but there isnt massive changes possible due to the range of adjustment in the solenoid on the dampers, and to be honest there isnt that many cars in the uk fitted with the system.

I think Opc have tweeked a couple of cars in Germany , but you can hit the outer limits of the system electronics quite quickly so the adjustment range is quite narrow.

Comment

Mmm... interesting ....makes you think.

I have the system - bought to stop me lowering it
      I did'nt want it to hamper ideas of a remap...

I assume then that the IDS system works progressivly with the aceleration..,
      and not just a matter of switching it to a higher setting..
      which is a shame.

Although I daresay a lot of people wont notice any difference ayway..

Comment

dont be put off lowering at as it works really well.

certainly there is no reason to want to bin the system like some owners have, but the electronics side of it is a bit more complex, the tc is altered with VXRPC remaps to allow a little more agression but the adjustment on the damper valves is very slight, so changinging the spped and reaction time of the solenoid is not likely to be that noticeable. , basically it works like a needle valve and allows the oil in the damper to transfer at different rates but it is quite limited.

We are looking at fitting a switching system to allow the dampers an overide to firm them up outside the ECU control.

Comment

I have ids and have it lowered, no difference to before apart from a firmer ride

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Re: Re-Mapping with IDS+

Originally posted by M40COO
              Okay folks, directed mainly at the wonderful tuners who grace these pages...
              ...but help from all will be appreciated.

Cars with IDS+
              Considering the Sport button changes not only engine characteristics but also suspension settings to cars with IDS+....

What happens to these suspension settings when remapping ??

Thanks
              David is quite right, lowering works well on an IDS+ car
              You're aware (apologise if you know this) that the IDS+ system constantly adjusts to driving conditions when SPORT is off and then goes into a fixed, harder sport setting for ...cough... sportier driving?
              I know its not a popular view but I love the flexibility of the IDS+ system and certainly works well even with a remapped car imho
              sigpic

Comment

great answers thanks....

lowering is still not a priority..loving the multi storey car park action I can do now !
                ...and I reckon the arches look good enough with the 19s.

I knew the system monitors driving conditions and adapts....
                I was'nt sure when in sport mode whether it still did it constantly (albeit in a sportier mode) or just changes to a harder sportier setting once....

Comment

great answers thanks....

lowering is still not a priority..loving the multi storey car park action I can do now !
                  ...and I reckon the arches look good enough with the 19s.

I knew the system monitors driving conditions and adapts....
                  I was'nt sure when in sport mode whether it still did it constantly (albeit in a sportier mode) or just changes to a harder sportier setting once....
                  "changes to a harder sportier setting once" I think... still works well I think on a good surface and i dont use the hard setting on a bumpy road.

I was convinced of that orignal look too until loads of lowered VXRs park next to your original sprung car at SILVERSTONE and make your car look like its on stilts :wink:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                    I was convinced of that orignal look too until loads of lowered VXRs park next to your original sprung car at SILVERSTONE and make your car look like its on stilts :wink:

...ahh, so you're a sheep

I think lowering ruins the look of the wheel in the arch - and am still luvin the all round access !

Good about the mapping though...

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR

...ahh, so you're a sheep

I think lowering ruins the look of the wheel in the arch - and am still luvin the all round access !

Good about the mapping though...
                      nooo....just open to new ideas
                      Know what you mean though but I can still take a mean speed bump and get a hose in my arches lol....went for the highest lowering kit I could (if that makes sense!) as I'm not a fan of the wheels disappearing into the wheelarch Citroen Saxo look either :wink:
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X