This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remapping in scotland

Can anyone recommend anywhere in scotland to get stage 1.5? Got a milltek cat back with pre cat and looking for a little more power. Im in Aberdeen

Doug, you could try the Superchips dealer in Fife

Comment

I used reload mapping in Elgin, the guy's name is Phillip Murphy. Great guy to deal with, got my Vivaro upto 170bhp and what a difference. Apart from better fuel economy it wastes most boy racers on the road even with half a ton of crap in the back!

He spoke highly of Japerformance in Ellon, they have a rolling road too.
      sigpic
      Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

I would always recommend a tuner with a bit of experience in tuning vxr's. Why dont you make a weekend of it and head south to the experts, Thorney Motorsport, Courtenay Sport, VXR Performance Centre or Regal. At least these guys have done loads and know their stuff.

Comment

yeah you're only right the VXR is worth getting right, I've not long had my one, maybe about 3 weeks so not at the stage of needing extra power just yet...

But next year i'll be straight down to Thorney, he fitted a charge cooler to my mates VX220 and remapped it, replaced clutch etc etc and the standard of work and service is superb, definately worth the trip.

After seeing Thorney and his guy's handy work I would highly recommend them..
          sigpic
          Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Originally posted by ravin beef
            yeah you're only right the VXR is worth getting right, I've not long had my one, maybe about 3 weeks so not at the stage of needing extra power just yet...

But next year i'll be straight down to Thorney, he fitted a charge cooler to my mates VX220 and remapped it, replaced clutch etc etc and the standard of work and service is superb, definately worth the trip.

After seeing Thorney and his guy's handy work I would highly recommend them..
            Definetly worth the drive, Im driving down to Thorney from north of Inverness for the stage 3. That will be over 3600 miles just for trips to Thorney since i got the VXR

Comment

Definetly worth the drive, Im driving down to Thorney from north of Inverness for the stage 3. That will be over 3600 miles just for trips to Thorney since i got the VXR [/quote]

You ever organised a meet up our way? Wouldn't mind a look/blast in your stage 3!!
              sigpic
              Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Definetly worth the drive, Im driving down to Thorney from north of Inverness for the stage 3. That will be over 3600 miles just for trips to Thorney since i got the VXR
                You ever organised a meet up our way? Wouldn't mind a look/blast in your stage 3!![/quote]

Im only back home at weekends but ive got a mate in Ellon with a Black VXR and i occasionally go to Aberdeen.
                If im down soon you can take it for the day if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                  You ever organised a meet up our way? Wouldn't mind a look/blast in your stage 3!!
                  Im only back home at weekends but ive got a mate in Ellon with a Black VXR and i occasionally go to Aberdeen.
                  If im down soon you can take it for the day if you want.[/quote]

That sounds like a plan, I work quite alot of hours but give me a shout sometime and we could meet up, I fancy organising a meet sometime next year, maybe somewhere central where we could get peeps from all over, mmaybe a rolling road day/weekend..
                  sigpic
                  Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Sounds good, ill be up for that

Comment

Tried Wallace performance?

http://www.wallaceperformance.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Scott888
                        Tried Wallace performance?

http://www.wallaceperformance.co.uk/
                        Never been to them personally, but i called them before i picked up the VXR to ask about tuning and I was advised that the last VXR he tuned was a couple of years ago!!!???????????

Comment

Working...
                        X