This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

Had my 07 Astra VXR for about a month and covered 700 miles, but noticed from new that the engine is quite 'buzzy' from 3000rpm upwards (below 3000rpm it's dead smooth) on the over-run and when cruising.

I can feel the 'buzziness' on the over-run and when cruising above 3000rpm through the pedals and floorpan - it's not a huge issue and doesn't feel mechanical...certainly not there when the engine is under load (accelerating).

Is it normal - is this what other VXR engines are like or is mine different i.e. is there something wrong???

Perhaps one of the tuners could comment as they probably have more experience of different VXR's than anyone else??

I know, for example, that Vauxhall have removed the balancer shafts in this engine to improve response and the ability to rev - is this the trade-off?

Loving the car by the way. Traded down from an M3 - best thing I've ever done. So much ability for so little cash (relatively) - awesome

Do I just need to get it run-in properly???

Cheers in adavnce for any helpful replies.

Andy

HOWDY DIDDLEY DO NEIGHBOUR , EXPLAIN BUZZINESS ???

IM UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS TERMINOLOGY ??

Comment

So, 18 VXR owners (at the last count) have read this thread and no one has offered any sort of input

I only need to know whether other owners experience this or not. If not then I have an issue and I'll let Vauxhall tell me what is wrong - I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just whether others have similar experiences?

C'mon peeps...help put a fellow owners mind at rest

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by arden
        HOWDY DIDDLEY DO NEIGHBOUR , EXPLAIN BUZZINESS ???

IM UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS TERMINOLOGY ??
        High frequency vibration under-foot whilst cruising or on the over-run above 3000rpm- feels like a natural order of vibration for the engine to be honest but just want to check that its normal?

Andy

Comment

OK, here's a real stupid suggestion, but its happened before... check all the transportation blocks have been removed from the suspension.

Comment

get it checked by a dealer it might be nithing but you can never tell

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
              OK, here's a real stupid suggestion, but its happened before... check all the transportation blocks have been removed from the suspension.
              No transport blocks - checked that on collection...

Cheers for the suggestion though.

Andy

Comment

I dont think i get what u are trying to explane sounds ify to me i would get it back get it check out have u checked the wheel nuts a tight as been know

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Where are you located, might be another [veteran] owner near you that may be able to give you a second opinion

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                    I dont think i get what u are trying to explane sounds ify to me i would get it back get it check out have u checked the wheel nuts a tight as been know
                    It's a certain harshness to the engine above 3000rpm on the over-run or when cruising that isn't there below 3000rpm.

This help?

Andy

Comment

check the black vac pipe the leads to the turbo make sure this is ok. it as been know to come off or split.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I'd suggest trying to have a run out in another VXR, compare it with yours, I don't notice any vibration etc, very smooth car really

Comment

Never noticed anything vaguely like that on mine... get it looked at!

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR
                            get it looked at!
                            Agree - That's what the warranty is there for.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                              Originally posted by R20 VXR
                              get it looked at!
                              Agree - That's what the warranty is there for.
                              Definitely...doesn't sound healthy does it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X