X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 07 different?

Hi Guys,

Great forum. I've been lurking for a few months while my new baby has been on order. I've got a date of 18/12 for delivery and it is going to be the best christmas present I've ever had. Black, flip mirrors, climate & 19's.
    I've been reading a lot of posts about the 07 VXR. I see some of you have the 07 already. So I'm guessing that's what mine will be. Is there a difference? I'd love to know....?
    I came on here just before I decided what to buy. I'd just taken out a new M3 and was set on that when my wife suggested a VXR. I'd heard of one, but never seen one. After coming here, I booked a test drive for the following day.
    The salesman asked me if I was a policeman, which I'm not. He then took me out and really showed me what the car could do. Then gave me the keys and said "see you in 30 minutes". It reminded me of my little 5 Turbo, from my boy racer years. I was sold.
    Came home and Googled cheap cars. Found autobytel and a real good price. I printed it off and went to the local dealer and asked him to match it or near enough.
    After an hour of waiting and him coming and going. He said the price was too good, but I could return to meet the manufacturer in a week.
    So, down I went. Deposit in hand. With the help of Vauxhall they came within £350. I would prefer to support the local dealer. So I agreed in principal to buy from him if he could match the finance APR. "No problem" he said.
    Enter the finance guy. Now I don't know about you guys, but I know what I want and I didn't get to sitting in front of him to buy a new VXR by being stupid. So I told him the finance deal and APR I was looking for and he tried to sell me something else. When we finally did get to the bottom of what I wanted it was £110 per month more than autobytel.
    So I declined their nice offer of ripping me off. Which they weren't happy about. Apparently I'd wasted their time, they'd spent five hours with me. I'd wasted the manufactures time! That's customer service!!!
    Back home I called autobytel. Paid the deposit over phone, finance agreed within 72hrs. Car on order. Monthly calls to update me. Fantastic service. Everything they promised.
    Has anyone else had a rubbish experience with the purchase of the car?

hi ade welcome to the forum , not had a bad deal from buying it just bad after service but everything fine now , bet you cant wait ? it's a great car and you wont be disapointed and a great colour may i say , sounds like you got a good deal well done mate and we'll see you around
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Is the 07 different?

Originally posted by Ade
      Hi Guys,

Great forum. I've been lurking for a few months while my new baby has been on order. I've got a date of 18/12 for delivery and it is going to be the best christmas present I've ever had. Black, flip mirrors, climate & 19's.
      I've been reading a lot of posts about the 07 VXR. I see some of you have the 07 already. So I'm guessing that's what mine will be. Is there a difference? I'd love to know....?
      I came on here just before I decided what to buy. I'd just taken out a new M3 and was set on that when my wife suggested a VXR. I'd heard of one, but never seen one. After coming here, I booked a test drive for the following day.
      The salesman asked me if I was a policeman, which I'm not. He then took me out and really showed me what the car could do. Then gave me the keys and said "see you in 30 minutes". It reminded me of my little 5 Turbo, from my boy racer years. I was sold.
      Came home and Googled cheap cars. Found autobytel and a real good price. I printed it off and went to the local dealer and asked him to match it or near enough.
      After an hour of waiting and him coming and going. He said the price was too good, but I could return to meet the manufacturer in a week.
      So, down I went. Deposit in hand. With the help of Vauxhall they came within £350. I would prefer to support the local dealer. So I agreed in principal to buy from him if he could match the finance APR. "No problem" he said.
      Enter the finance guy. Now I don't know about you guys, but I know what I want and I didn't get to sitting in front of him to buy a new VXR by being stupid. So I told him the finance deal and APR I was looking for and he tried to sell me something else. When we finally did get to the bottom of what I wanted it was £110 per month more than autobytel.
      So I declined their nice offer of ripping me off. Which they weren't happy about. Apparently I'd wasted their time, they'd spent five hours with me. I'd wasted the manufactures time! That's customer service!!!
      Back home I called autobytel. Paid the deposit over phone, finance agreed within 72hrs. Car on order. Monthly calls to update me. Fantastic service. Everything they promised.
      Has anyone else had a rubbish experience with the purchase of the car?

I bought mine through Autobytel. Which dealer are you getting the car from?

Comment

Reading.

Comment

welcome aboard ade... :wink:
          Factory builds now with piano black inserts instead of carbon so see which you have...
          Carbon i would presume...
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

My07.5 build have the Piano Black inserts

Depending on when you orderd youra and on the build time i think you might still have the Carbon inserts but i like these better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ade
              Reading.
              Same place as me. I have to say I wasn't thrilled with their level of customer service, but it was worth it for getting one of the cheapest new prices for a VXR factory order I could find.

Comment

Working...
              X