This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what this is?

Hi, just spotted a wire hanging loose in the engine bay of my VXR...

Any idea what it is?

Thanks,
    Tom

yer they all have them, nothing to worry about, not sure what it is thow, prob something to do with another model.

Comment

icic...then ok then...

its just that in the last 2weeks people have started to ask if am pumping my brake as my brake likght is flashing...just wondered if that had anything to do with it!

Comment

not that i know of mate, but some one has said the same to me before about the breaks

Comment

I belive the brakes flash when you hit them hard, apparently to warn the car behind that you are stopping quickly.

I had a run in with a zafira gsi and when we stopped at the lights she said my brakes were not working properly

Doh! just relized the "flashing brake light" post, weekend must be catching up with me.

Comment

lol...

yeah i was getting worried as a few of my mates were saying my brakelight was either broken, or i was pumping the brake!

Comment

Ok

Back to the topic in hand.

try contacting Jon from Courtenays either by PM A11VXL or from the link at the bottom.

If he dont know he'll find out for you.

Comment

Hi t20lau. The wire is part of the loom for diesel engine cars. Same loom for both petrol and diesel so in a petrol it ends up like this.

The flashing brake light is the Emergency Brake Assist (EBA). Here's what the Owner's Manual has to say (NB Adaptive brake light):

"Brake assist
                Rapid powerful application of the brake pedal automatically applies maximum braking force amplification to achieve the shortest possible braking distance under full braking (brake assistant). Maintain steady pressure on the brake pedal for as long as full-on braking is to continue. When the brake pedal is released, the maximum brake force amplification is taken away.

Adaptive brake light
                During full-on braking, all three brake lights flash for the duration of ABS control.

Comment

hey, cheers for that!

answers both my questions in one!

Thanks,
                  Tom

Comment

No problem

Comment

Working...
                    X