X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashing brake light - vxr

hi,

has anyone experience a flashing brake light?

recently 3 or 4 people following my have asked if am pumping my brake as my brake light is flashing!

the top brake light flashes when the ABS kicks in

Comment

hmm...never knew that...

would it flash any other time?...my mate seems to think it flashed when i was stationary!

Comment

Only under extreme braking, and yes when you are at a stop if you have just braked.

Comment

thats cool didnt realise that it flashed after you had stoped hopefully that will stop some idiot going up your ****

Comment

Looks like its nothing to worry about then!

i just fort i mite have broken something!

finally, when you say heavy braking, does this mean ABS kicking in?...or even if the ABS isnt working?

Does it say anything about this in the handbook?...Just wondering how you guys knew about it!...lol

Thanks for everyones replies!

Comment

my mate said my brake lights were flashing once but i was slowing down from 140mph but wasnt pushing them that hard at all as braked well in advance

Comment

i had this the other day but thought it must just have been me going mad, was coming home from our lasses during the early hours of the morning and was giving the car some stick, braking quite heavily from speed coming upto a junction i noticed that the brake lights seemed to be flashing behind me as i could see the relection in a road sign.... Thought the cops were on my ***....

Oh well that's cool then, another little trick with the VXR...
                Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Daz, do you know if the ABS or traction control or anything was kicking in?...just trying to understand if the light flashes simply casue your slowing down rapidly or becasue the ABS or something is working!

Comment

don't know mate..... It might have been..... It might have been cos i was slowing down from high speed or that the ABS was working for a bit? REally not sure though, it was wet and i was motoring along, was yours quite a quick flash?
                    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

well my mate said that it was kinda like a flickering or the light!

now i cant be sure but i dont think the ABS or anything was working...i was jus slowing down as normal from what i recall...altho i was driving a lil faster than normal!

Comment

i shouldn't worry about it, it might just be when you are slowing down from high speed or a degree of braking it does it, not necessarily when the ABS comes on, i don't think i was braking hard enough for the ABS to kick in....

Comment

okok...

well i'll leave it then...was a lil concerned that all as a few of my friends following my have commented on it now...

not that am always braking hard...lol

Comment

stop racing it about mate, just get them to check whether it is doing it when you are braking from a normal speed.

p.s. you say on your sig you have 19" multispokes, are they the upgrade wheels or have you gone for something else?

Comment

Standard optional 19" ... here she is!

Comment

Working...
                              X