This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR logo on gearstick

Has anyones started to rub off. Currently the red part, is well.....half red as its worn away after 8 months. Garage says it may not be covered as its wear and tear. So you spend 20k on a car and parts start to fade after 8 months.
    sigpic

Re: VXR logo on gearstick

Originally posted by ldargavel
    Has anyones started to rub off. Currently the red part, is well.....half red as its worn away after 8 months. Garage says it may not be covered as its wear and tear. So you spend 20k on a car and parts start to fade after 8 months.
    Well, the paintwork should follow soon....

Pink car anyone

Comment

LOL mines black so I should be ok.
      sigpic

Comment

No probs with my baby yet. Your car should be covered under warranty for everything cosmetic certainly within the first year, due to poor product finish quality!
        Get back to the dealer and tell them that your gonna speak to consumer/citizens advice and see how you get on then?

Clint

Comment

Originally posted by ldargavel
          LOL mines black so I should be ok.
          Ah, a grey car then....

Comment

Hmmmm, even trim is coverd for 12month's I'd go back m8 and tell them you want a new gear knob just an example of sloppy aftercare IMHO.

Fact: It wont cost the dealer a penny (phone call to order and 5mins for the YTS monkey to change them over) they just cant be arsed simple as.

Comment

Yep thats what I thought. well its booked in tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Also does anyones steering wheel click as its being turned cos mine does. Its also being checked my vauxhall.
              sigpic

Comment

That click, would be the spring inside the wheel that pushes the airbag cables... you can have it replaced with a new one or remove it altogether.
                Blue Arden Astra OPC

Comment

Sorry I said Id update you all on this. To cut things short they fixed everything. Gave me a new gearstick thingy and also stopped the clicking on the wheel. Top job
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X