X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Order and Awaiting Delivery

Hi,

I'm new to the site, ordered my VXR three weeks ago, went for the silver option ,with a few extras,as i've never seen one on the road, so now I'm just counting down the days untill its delivered!

Been checking out the site , and am getting a bit worried is the paint finish really that thin and susceptible to stone chips????????????

If so has any one had paintshield applied and is it worth the money??????

THXS!

Not on mine, done 500 miles and no stone chips( touch Wood) lol

Comment

ive got the worst colour (flame red) 5200 miles in and not one stone chip.

just keep a fair distance from the car in front and you'll be fine.

and you'll absolutly love the car :wink:
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Mines Silver Dogman, think its done about 10,000 miles and i only have 1 noticable chip but that was caused by quite a large stone getting filcked up onto the front of the bonnet.

Comment

Re: On Order and Awaiting Delivery

Originally posted by DOGMAN
          Hi,

I'm new to the site, ordered my VXR three weeks ago, went for the silver option ,with a few extras,as i've never seen one on the road, so now I'm just counting down the days untill its delivered!

Been checking out the site , and am getting a bit worried is the paint finish really that thin and susceptible to stone chips????????????

If so has any one had paintshield applied and is it worth the money??????

THXS!
          not sure about the paint sheild option but i`ve only done 1200 ish miles,and i must have 100 tiny chips on the rear bumper and arches.
          it has took a bit of the fun out of cleaning it but a would still buy one now,knowing about the paint

Comment

I have paintshield on my car full bonnet wings front bumper grill mirrors and the flat bit on rear bumper was £850 and yes i would have it done again the paint is crap far too soft anf thin.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

what does this involve? is it a film that is applied?
              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

yes its like a thick clear m3 film.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

might get meself a big roll of cling film got a mate who can get industrial strength stuff
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                  X