This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet Vent or scoop

If turbos get so hot (glow red) and other turbo models get one to release the heat from the engine bay generated by the turbo which also keeps the intercooler cooler, hence greater BHP for longer (Scoobs and Evo's also have intercooler jet spray). Why then does the VXR not get a bonnet vent or scoop?

Finally, has anyone fitted one (pics would be nice) or know who does one or is it a case of choose any and fit DIY??

Cheers,
    Clint

Only two that I have sen is Jom's Arden blue vxr that Regal tuned which has 3 pressed vents and the vxr sprint which has a custom carbon bonnet.

Other than that it's a case of looking around and getting a custom one made. I'm having a custom bonnet made at the moment with some Maserati GT3200 vents in - the only ones that I could find that I liked.

It is quite easy to adapt a WI kit to spray water on your intercooler, or get a spray bar.

Comment

The only reason the scoobs have a scoop is that they have a top mounted ic, which requires the scoop to direct air into it. The heavily modified imprezas have frount mounted ic like the vxr as i believe they are more efficient, and then there is no real need for a scoop. Vents can be added to allow increased air circulation in the engine bay, which would probably be an issue with very high powered vxr's running hot.
      However a scoop on a vxr is not needed cos of fmic and would look poo, and the bonnet on these have a sharper drop to the front so it might mess the aerodynamics of the car. I can remember driving at high speeds in my scoobs and seing the bonnet flex because the air was getting into the scoop, and thinkning it was about to flip open smash the screen and ruin my day.

Comment

I would not get it done. Personally i think the bonet looks good they way it is. no need for any "boy racer scoops"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott888
          Only two that I have sen is Jom's Arden blue vxr that Regal tuned which has 3 pressed vents and the vxr sprint which has a custom carbon bonnet.

Other than that it's a case of looking around and getting a custom one made. I'm having a custom bonnet made at the moment with some Maserati GT3200 vents in - the only ones that I could find that I liked.

It is quite easy to adapt a WI kit to spray water on your intercooler, or get a spray bar.

is the blue one computer wizardry or a real car??

that bonnet looks gr8

Comment

Real, unfortunatley, looks sh1te in my opinion.

Comment

looks sh1te in my opinion.
              ooof, each to their own. i dont like it much either personally, it almost takes something away, but others would disagree.

Comment

Working...
              X