This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
    Dead as a dodo. The battery is goosed, but that's not what is killing the EPS. With it running at 14.5v surely the EPS would start running again? There is a short somewhere that has drained and killed the battery. The dead battery is a symptom, not the cause.

We left it running for about 20-30 mins and then shut it down. It would not start the car and didn't even have enough juice to get the radio etc on properly.
    Yeah so the alternator is charging but the battery is not holding it.put a new one on and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by craig_s View Post
      Yeah so the alternator is charging but the battery is not holding it.put a new one on and go from there.
      Yeah that's what he's doing. £61 for the the Bosch battery and £430 for the pump. The battery didn't jsut die. It was fine all week, then over the course of 5 hours it was flat. Something has drained it and knacked the 5 1/2 year old battery. I'm not bothered about the battery, it was due anyway really. I just don't want to fork out the money for this part to find it's a loom problem or something. I'll be straight back for a refund if that happens.

Comment

Get the battery replaced first. Then see if it still happens, just because it's charging at 14.5V doesn't mean the battery is going to take that charge.
        Change the battery first, they can just die overnight and not take any charge.
        If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
        Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

Originally posted by oilysean View Post
          Get the battery replaced first. Then see if it still happens, just because it's charging at 14.5V doesn't mean the battery is going to take that charge.
          Change the battery first, they can just die overnight and not take any charge.
          +1, you have already stated the battery older than 5 years - they do not last forever

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
            +1, you have already stated the battery older than 5 years - they do not last forever

Yeah but the point is, whether it's the battery is giving the power or the alternator is irrelevant. If 14.5v is going around, surely the EPS would start working? It's not. The battery is old yes, but something else (likely the EPS) killed it.

Comment

Well it's fixed and ready to collect. EPS and battery both completely fubar'd. Bill came to £515.70 which I guess isn't that bad. Still, half a grand I'd have rather kept.

Comment

Working...
              X