This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B****y vauxhall dealers

Had my vxr just over three weeks now had a few minor problems so booked it to be looked at so they looked at it but nothing was done they said they would get back to me but never did . Been back and forth to the dealer four or five times and in the end i said they can have the car back so things started to happen they took the car there and then and lent me another vxr which was good . I got a call yesterday to say all the problems had been fixed but then they told me someone had put a big scratch down the rear quarter panel they said they would pay for a resray its only 3 weeks old i think i should ask for replacement car or my money back .

At the min, I would be asking to have it sprayed at the best flipping paint facility in the country. Somewhere that is certified to spray Aston Martin's normally gets good results, defo somewhere with a warm bake oven and clean shop, not round the back in a [covered in excrement] backyard.

Think your chances of getting a new car or refund cos they scratched it are fairly slim. Now, if they had accidentally set fire to it, that would be different

dv.

Comment

And i bet you purchased from inchcape........
      And i bet it was autobytel aswell to hazard a guess...........
      You should have driven to a certain dealership in kent because the service is a1 and i was originally buying from where i presume you bought from till i heard the horror stories!!!!!!!

Price is nice
      Service is everything!!!
      sorry..
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

If you decide to get some privately to re-spray there is company at brands hatch called "Formula One re-finishing"". They have to be the best paint shop I have ever had work done by. Perfect paint colouring, no over-spray, factory martched finish.

Worth a call.

Comment

sparky are they near the ferrari garage ?
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
            And i bet you purchased from inchcape........
            And i bet it was autobytel aswell to hazard a guess...........
            You should have driven to a certain dealership in kent because the service is a1 and i was originally buying from where i presume you bought from till i heard the horror stories!!!!!!!

Price is nice
            Service is everything!!!
            sorry..

That sounds like my story. Cheap car, crap customer service!

Comment

and what happens when it all goes wrong?????
              car sold sorry onto next sale!!!!

No i want to know that i have the full support of my dealership in a time of crisis or even just for advice as we are talking about the 2nd dearest purchase you will ever make!
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I used to be a salesman for Vauxhall, I can tell you this,,,,The car was in their care and therefore covered by their insurance for the repair.

Although this might sound a good thing, Dealership insurance has a horrendous excess that is why they will try to get the body shop to do it as they will then only have to pay for the paint which they probably already have in the stockroom.

I would take the car to a respray place of your own to ensure a good kob and no cost cutting. As long as you tell them that is what you intend to do and give them a copy of the quote and then get them to give you a dealership cheque to pay for the repairs.

It they spray your car there i can promise you that within 3 years with natural sun and elements fade you will see the newer spot highlighted.

Red is the worse colour for this so beware! Be persistant and if they play hard tell them that you have got an appointment at the citizens advice beaureu. Even better tell them that your best mate is a reporter for the local newspaper!

Gunsmoke

Comment

Tell em your a cop

Comment

yes it was brought from inchcape . i got an apointment to see the dearlership manager in the morning so will just have to wait and see .[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by davexnt
                      yes it was brought from inchcape . i got an apointment to see the dearlership manager in the morning so will just have to wait and see .
                      [/quote]

If the guy you're going to see is called Kai?!? then dont hold out much hope because in my experience he just didn't seem to give a toss.

Comment

Re: B****y vauxhall dealers

Originally posted by davexnt
                        Had my vxr just over three weeks now had a few minor problems so booked it to be looked at so they looked at it but nothing was done they said they would get back to me but never did . Been back and forth to the dealer four or five times and in the end i said they can have the car back so things started to happen they took the car there and then and lent me another vxr which was good . I got a call yesterday to say all the problems had been fixed but then they told me someone had put a big scratch down the rear quarter panel they said they would pay for a resray its only 3 weeks old i think i should ask for replacement car or my money back .

i would not be happy about painting a 3 week old car.
                        surely if its there fault you could demand a new car?

i supose if it could be sprayed without any signs of a repair when fair enough.
                        but try floggin it if you can tell.buyers would assume it had new quarter panel,and run for the hills.
                        i once bought an impreza that had light scratchs to one of the doors where some idiot could`nt find the lock with a key.
                        i put a deposit down with the promise that the scratchs would be sorted out.
                        a week later i picked the car up and everything seemed great,the scratchs were sorted and i was a happy bunny.
                        that was until i stood back on a sunny day and could see very easily that they had painted the entire door and half the front wing and rear door.
                        was i ******
                        went back and was told that the repair was good and any attempts to redo could look worse.
                        i should of demanded a refund but foolishly put up with it.
                        young and stupid :? but you learn

Comment

You should be able to demand a new car, if not, you are within your rights to discontinue any payment or obligations of the car as they have damaged it recklessly.

Comment

They may have not damaged it. May have been some jealous t***er whilst parked with them. So the disclaimers saying parked at owners risk would kick in!!! We have a £500 excess so hardly excessive, and most bodyshops mix paint as and when needed not keep on the shelf. I would ask them to repair and ask them to pay for independent inspection of work carried out, paint thickness, colour match etc.

I would be p***ed to, but, they are offering to rectify and it will be easier to work with them, than try and fight them. If it is a quality finish it will have no effect on the value.
                            Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                              and what happens when it all goes wrong?????
                              car sold sorry onto next sale!!!!

No i want to know that i have the full support of my dealership in a time of crisis or even just for advice as we are talking about the 2nd dearest purchase you will ever make!
                              no it aint marc the wifes bangers are more exspensive
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X